Damsel In Distress

Once, I met a girl. She's lovely. She's kind. She's perfect but beyond these things are sadness and distress. She's my one and only. My damsel in distress.

I had the chance to talk to her one time in our school garden, under the tree she sits, I asked her if she's okay.

"I'm okay but it hurts." I looked at her while I'm wearing my confused look.

"Okay but the same time, you're hurt?" she nodded. "Why?" before she could answer my question, she cried so hard that's why I decided to comfort her.

"30 days." I looked at her after she said that.

"30 days? What's with the 30 days?" I asked.

"I only have 30 days left in this world."

"How did you say so?"

"I just can feel it."

"But why? Do you have any problem? A disease or what?" I asked her.

"I have a heart disease and.." she sighed. It's like she can't say the following words. "It's critical."

"Then why are you not in the hospital then?"

"No use. There's no cure in my disease. In the end, I will still die. What's the use of going to the hospital? I'll just lay down on their bed and die." she said with a sad tone.

"Does your family know about this?"

"I don't have a family. I mean, yes I have but they're already gone. I'm living alone." after hearing what she said, I feel very pity on her. Beyond her perfection is sadness.

I gave her a pen and paper. At first, she stared at it. It's pretty obvious that she doesn't know what to do with it.

"What am I going to do with this?" just as I expected.

"Write down your wishes and I'll try to grant it."

"Are you a genie or something?"

"Silly. Of course not. But I'll try my best to make you happy."

"But you're just a stranger. How come you have this too much concern for me?"

"I just wanted to help you. Well then, I'll introduce myself. I'm Dylan."

"Hope. Hope is my name."

"Great. We're not strangers anymore. Write down your wishes." I told her while smiling.

"Okay."

She finished the wish list and bid her goodbye.

When I got home, I started to read her wish list.

My 5 Wishes Before I Die:

-Have a bouquet of paper flower.

-Have a rainbow-colored ice cream on my birthday.

-Have a music box.

-Tell him what I feel.

-Before I die, I want to go on a festival and when the night comes, I want to watch the fireworks display.

It feels like it's going to be a really hard wish list. I don't know how to make a paper flowers.

The following day, I went immediately to my sister's flower shop. Well, she's the only person I know that can make paper flowers. It's also part of her business.

"Oh Dylan! I bet you have something to ask." she said while smiling.

"Uhhh..yes." I answered and sat on the couch.