Chapter Two

In the beginning, in the months after the war, Harry had utterly detested these publicity shoots the Ministry had insisted on subjecting him to. He was trying to deal with the loss of a great many friends, not to mention his whole purpose in life after finally defeating Voldemort, and the gruelling application process of applying for Auror training. He'd been sullen and uncooperative, until Lisa Turpin had pulled him aside and asked, with a deep breath, if he'd like her to help him.

Lisa was Harry's gate keeper, she fielded all the questions and organised every single event he attended with precision and panache. Whether it was shoots like this or attending functions where Harry had to shake a thousand hands, she was always there making sure no one took advantage of Harry, and whispering forgotten details and words of encouragement into his ear. He'd be lost without her.

But it had taken a while to work out what had still bothered him to the point of irrationally bad behaviour every time though, behaviour that Lisa would have to spend up to half an hour calming down each time, and that was the man-handling beforehand.

She and Harry must have gone through a dozen stylists; people who would yank his hair, cover him with gunk and try and get him wearing the most ridiculous outfits that would have him so cranky he would be storming out of whatever event it was, threatening to curse anyone else that came near him.

But it wasn't even the abuse that he couldn't stand the most.

It was the niceness.

All these people wanted to be his friend, they were fans, and Harry tried to be fair and pleasant back, but it was hard not to lose his cool when someone was telling him how brave he was and how they owed him everything when he was about to straddle a car half-naked with a puppy.

People had died, good friends of his, people he considered family, and there Harry was being continually treated like a dress-up doll to make everyone feel better by 'moving on' and helping them to forget the war ever happened.

And then Draco Malfoy had walked in, just had he had ten minutes ago, and sighed as if all hope was lost. "Well, I do like a challenge Potter," he had said, before giving him a wink.

Harry had been so stunned, he'd just let himself be lowered into the wash basin behind, and for the first time actually relaxed as Draco began to massage his scalp. "You're all tension," he'd told him with a cluck of his tongue. "Mind you, so would I be if my hair behaved like yours."

Harry had opened one eye and raised an eyebrow to go with it, only to see an upside down Draco grinning at him from above.

"This is what I get for saving your life?" he'd asked, but despite the serious nature of their conversation, he'd never felt himself unwind like that before an event.

Draco had tilted his head and nodded once. "Yes," was all he'd said, and that's all they'd discussed of the matter.

Harry now sighed deeply, rolling his head back into Draco's hands as he rubbed a generous amount of citrus smelling product into his hair. He heard a chuckle above him, but didn't open his eyes. "What's so funny?" he mumbled.

"Nothing," Draco replied back, and Harry could practically hear him grinning.