Fade

I was out with the boys like any other usual outing we would have. Plus, we heard a new coffee shop just opened. I was busy walking with Junmyeon and Luhan making our steps slower than the others.

As we reached the road-crossing, we could see the others waving at us excitedly. It was pretty obvious they couldn't wait for us to cross the road and enter the shop together.

As the pedestrian light turned green, the three of us walked towards the coffee shop. But on the way there, my phone began vibrating. Still walking, I tried taking it out not noticing that Junmyeon and Luhan had already arrived at the other side.

Suddenly I could hear a loud honking sound, looking at my right the car was coming in fast as if the breaks were damaged.

I thought I could see my whole life flash in front of me but in a blink of an eye, I was supported by Kai and Sehun in front of the coffee shop seeing that the car crashed into a tree on the sidewalk.

I took deep breaths and saw that the driver wasn't injured and he headed my way.

"I'm so sorry young man. The breaks malfunctioned and I almost hit you. Are you hurt anywhere? I could get you to the hospital." He said with his face filled with worry.

As I held onto Sehun and Kai, I replied to him that I was fine but just in a state of shocked.

As minutes passed by, things began to return to normal and my trembling legs were trembling no more. We walked inside the shop and I just sat at the corner. My thoughts were filled with questions and all I could do is let them be unanswered and looked out the window.

At the other side of the road, I could see a girl looking straight at me. Her eyes were captivating and definitely she was beautiful. But something seemed weird about her. As of she wasn't real. The more I look at her, I felt like I knew her. She seemed so familiar. Noticing I was looking back, she gave me a soft smile.

But it was the sad, forced kind of smile.

She nodded her head at me before turning to her side and walked away. My eyes followed her until I could no longer see her.

"Hey, what are you thinking of?" Jongdae's voice made me snap back into reality and I just shook my head.

"Nothing."

-------------------------

I'm happy that I saved you this morning.

But sadly, by doing that, today would be my last day here.

I know I've been kinda haunting you in your sleep but I couldn't help it. It started as a crush and the feeling developed into love.

It kinda hurts to fall in love with someone you can't call your own right?

But it was fun to stay by your all this time. I never felt happier to see your smile. To notice all the small details about you.

I should kinda tell you the whole situation right? To give some of your thoughts a closure. I'm a roaming spirit, somehow the heavens gave me a change to walk this earth until the world ends one day.

But it comes with a condition, I can't interfere with death. Sadly, I validated that condition today. I saved you so that you could live and do the things you've been wanting to do because you still have a long list of things you would want to experience.

I want you to achieve your dreams. Even though I would no longer be here to see it.

My time is running out and I—

I'm sorry, I can't help but cry. It's just, I loved every time I see you smile. I loved every moment I spent looking at you. I feel very happy whenever you spend your life to the fullest. I feel at ease whenever I see you sleep.

Dear Minseokkie,

But I can't stay here any longer.

I won't say that word. I promised you that and I'm keeping that promise. I wished I could stay a bit longer but I can't no matter how hard I try. And promise me you'll remember this.

I love you Kim Minseok.

And that was her last message. I hoped she'll drop my in my dreams the coming days but there was none.

------------------------------

Have you ever loved someone who you've never seen before?

Well, people would say I'm crazy for loving someone I didn't know and never met properly. But I did.

She came into my dreams, at first it felt weird but as time passed by, her voice comforts me in every single way possible.

Love is something we can never learn about because love itself is a mystery.

Her faint messages was the only way to convey her feelings of love. And her sacrifice for love made her fade away from my life.

But the love she left me made me see another side of love that not all of us would get to see.

I might be stupid for not noticing her love since the beginning but that's also what love makes us feel.

It turns us into someone stupid. Stupidly in love.

I don't know if you're listening but

Thank you for showing me the magic in love that I never seen before.

And forever will I love you.

-------------------

A/N :

The first ending I had in mind was after the last message before she saved Minseok, where she asked Minseok to be careful, he died because she knew that death would come for him.

But I changed my mind and made Minseok live and in return, she had to fade out.

Somehow I feel this kinda relates to the relationship between fangirls and their idols. Like they would give their support and tell the idols their story but sometimes their voices are to faint that the messages aren't sent through.

Where's the idols in the other hand would sometime notice things their fans say a bit too late and the meaning behind the messages already faded away.

I don't know if you guys understand what I just said lol.

And this ending chapter is long because I needed to make the ending clear and what's the actual plot behind this whole story.

I hope you enjoyed the story because this was the story I loved writing the most c:

Sincerely thank you for reading this from the start to the end. You guys are amazing. Thank you so much and I love you guys ❤️❤️