Broken (Destiel)

(College au. Dean's a jock, Cas is a nerd, Cas' brothers are dicks)

     Castiel tugged uncomfortably at his collar, lifting it so that the base of his throat was covered. He then moved a hand to whipe at the sweat on his brow, the hot sun beatin down on him. How long did Dean expect him to wait here? He wouldn't be surprised if he collapsed before his friend arrived. At least, at home he was supposed to refer to him as such. But Castiel gladly confirmed any suspiscions that they were dating at school. His parents didn't take to kindly to it, not to mention his siblings and-
"Yo, Cas!" He looked up sharply as his name was called from the field, breaking him out of his thoughts. Dean was standing with his arm waving in the air and an enthusiastic grin on his face. "Come on over!" Cas grumbled in complaint, something about Dean bein too noisy, but made his way over anyway. "Hey babe." Dean pulled Cas towards him as he reached him, wrappin and arm around his mid-section. A dark 'P' outlined on the shoulder of his jersey. His light brown hair tussled and sweat dripped down the side of his face, slightly red from practice. Dean was also much taller that Cas, so it was more comfortable putting his hands there than at his waist.
     "Hey." Cas replied simply, adjusting his bag strap as he looked over the field. His thoughts returned to this morning, the glares and hushed insults...
"What's wrong?" Dean's face was suddenly too close too fast, and his hands were cupping the sides of Cas' face as he looked down at him, catching Cas' deep blue eyes in his green ones. He hadn't realized his expression had changed, and he panicked slightly.
"Dean, I don't know what your talking about." Cas replied, trying to keep a steady voice despite the blush rising to his cheeks. Dean's smile managed to make Cas' own lips turn up a bit at the corner as he pushed up on his feet to place a soft kiss to Dean's lips. Dean ruffled Castiel's dark hair as he let go, reaching down to grasp his hand.
"C'mon, if I stay too long I'll get dragged into the crowd." Dean said, tugging Cas along with him as he made his way across the field. Cas let himself be steered around people, hand gripping Dean's tightly. They made there way off the field, through the bleachers and across campass to the picnic area.
      "How'd class go?" Dean asked as they were finally far enough from the crowd they could talk without yelling over everyone else. Cas shrugged, slipping off his bag and takin a seat on the edge of the bench.
"Good, I guess. Balthazar made a mess of the class again, so it's probably going to be cancelled tomorrow." Castiel held his bag in his lap, picking at the straps. "What about you?" The fabric of Cas' s shirt prickled against his side as it shifted, Dean sitting close enough that there sides were touching.
"You kidding? Gym's the one thing I'm good at." Dean beamed, despite the fact that he basically just called himself useless. Cas smiled, to himself mostly, as he looked down at his bag. Dean's hands covered his, pulling them away from pulling at the strings, making Cas look up at him. "You know you can always talk to me right?"
"Of course." Cas replied without hesitation, locking eyes with Dean once more. Dean smiled, a smaller smile than his usual grin. Cas looled back to his bag first, sighing. Dean's hands moved away from Cas', one grabbing his wrist and the other reaching towards his back. Cas let out a yelp as he was tugged off the bench, bag fallin off his lap and landing with a thump under bench, and his back hitting he grass with an equally soft gasp escaping his throat.
       "Dean!" Cas exclaimed, looking like a bird whose feathers had been ruffled. Dean chuckled, lookin down at Cas from his postion above him. His hands were positioned on either side of Castiel's face, holding himself above him, and his legs were on each side of Cas, stradling the shorter teen. "What do you think-" He was effectively cut off by a kiss from Dean, drawing a light moan out of him.
"You seemed stressed." Dean replied breathely, leaning down to trail kisses down Cas' neck as well, slowly trailin downward to his collar.
"This is a public area. Dean, you can't-" Panick set in as Dean reached the base of his throat, closer and closer to uncovering mark. To his releif, Dean pushed himself back up into a sitting position, letting Cas scrambled out from under him.
"Your a real stickler for PDA, huh?" Dean mumbled, but still reached forward to run a hand over Cas' cheek and stopping just above his collar. Castiel gulped, blushing furiously now. He wouldn't meet Dean's gaze as his hand traced the base of his throat, then tugged at the collar.
       "You shouldn't be going to that house anymore." Dean said, all humour vanished from his voice. Castiel shook his head, playing with the cuff on Dean's jersey.
"I can't just stop going home. They're my family.." He offered weakly, not even convinced of the argument himself. He could tell they didn't want him there, but....
"If they cared about you they wouldn't do this." Dean traced the part of the bruise that was visible, hand extremely gentle. As if Cas would break beneath his finger tips. Cas trembled slightly, pushin himself forward so that he could lean against Dean, and soon Dean's arms encircled him once more.
"Even if i did leave.." Cas tested carefully, "I have no where to go."
"Come live with me." Dean didn't even hesitate. "I mean, my parents said that if anything ever happened that drove you out of your house you were welcome to stay with us." Cas bit his quivering lip, shaking his head. He couldn't be a burden. "Please, Cas. Think it over at least. I...." Dean's head rested gently against Castiel's. "I don't want you to get hurt anymore." Cas choked back tears, clutching tightly to Dean, the fabric of his shirt scrunhed up in his fists. Slowly, Cas uncurled his fist and pushed Dean's arms off.
"I'm sorry, Dean." He said, pulling his hands down to clasp them with his own between the two. "I'll think it over, ok?" Dean nodded, expression hidden from Castiel as he looked down. After a moment he looked up, smiling to Cas' suprise.
      "Let's get some lunch. Grab your bag." He said, unfolding himself and fixing his composure as he stood. Castiel sat for a moment longer, then let himself be tugged up so that he could retrieve the discarded satchel.

<<<><><>>>

    Castiel stared at the roof, listenin to the tick of the clock on his wall. He found that the clock is the only thing that kept him sane in dull moments like these. The soft tick in the back round kept him down to earth, made him remember he was still alive. But his favourite part, was when the soft tick was intrupted by the slide of the window pane, and the light thud of Dean's booted feet reachin the wooden floor in the dark room. Cas' eyes flicked towards the clock, 8 o'clock. He slid his elbows behind him to prop himself up, managing an easy smile as Dean slid his shoes off and dropped down onto the bed. Once he had removed his socks he crawled up the bed, pulling Cas towards him.
"Sorry I'm late."
"Your always late." Cas replied nonchalantly, wrapping his arms around Dean's neck, pulling him down onto him as he layed down. Dean smirked and lay across Cas, capturing his lips in a kiss.
     Both sat up, still desperately clinging to each other as they pulled their shirts up, only breaking apart to pull it over their heads. Soft grunts came from Dean as they pulled away, gasping for air before pulling each other back again. Cas bit his lip to stop a moan from escaping as Dean moved his lips away from his to place gentle yet passionate kisses down his chest, gentle over the healing bruises. He breathed Castiel's name, trailing his hands down Cas' arms.
"Cas" He breathed again, lifting himself up and looking down at the writhing figure below him. "I'm so sorry." Cas reached up, holdin Dean's face in his hands.
"It's not your fault." He replied, stroking his thumb across Dean's cheek. Dean trailed his fingers ever so gently over the fading bruises on Cas' chest, then up to around his collar were the more recent bruise was just turning a lighter shade. Cas shuddered as Dean pressed down on it with his lips, brushing against Castiel's neck.
"Novak!" Cas froze. He lived in a house full of Novaks, but the only person refferred to as their last name was him. They felt it was a disgrace to say his name.
"Dean get out of here." He hissed, quickly scramblin out of bed. He tugged on his shirt, looking back at Dean, who stared back. He didn't move, simply stared. "Dean, please." Dean took a deep breath, but nodded and pulled the windoe pane open once more.
     "Michael." Castiel opened the door slightly, only enough to see the eldest brother's face.
"I thought I heard a voice." Michael was clearly straining to see further into the room, without any luck since it was dark.
"I-I was just talking to myself....um...I was planning tomorrow out." He stuttered, glancing back into the room. "There's no need to worry." He added nervously, the hand hidden by the door curling into a fist.
"Better not." Was all Michael said before her turned and made his way towards his room. "If I get woken up by a faggot like you then..." Castiel zoned him out, closing the door and taking a deep breath. It was to be expected. The insults and the violence. But... at least when he was with Dean he felt better. Maybe he would even take him up on his offer, he was sure his brothers would be more than happy to see him dissapear.
    Despite what happened, he smiled to himself and turned away from the door.
"Dean..." His name just felt right. Like he was always meant to say it. "Dean..." He repeated the name several times, smiling as he made his way to the bed to lay down.