The Present

I was wet. And cold, I'll admit. I had just finished buying a property for me to live at, considering I managed to get them to take me seriously, I'd say I deserve a reward. After all, who'd expect a 14 year old child to be living on his own. Oh, but I showed them all right. 

CAW! 

"Wha- oh, its a raven. It looks hurt too.", I looked at it.

 How did this happen? Did it fall from its nest? No, the raven wasn't an it, he was a male. He looked at me then went to fluffing his feathers. I supposed that was my exit que, so I quickly strut home. When I got home, I was shocked.

"What happened?!", I scream as I look upon some burning chunks of wood, falling from what used to be a ceiling. "Who did this?!", I call out, as if expecting an answer.

Oh no. My money. I quickly scaled the part of the building that was not on fire, heading towards my room. As I climb through the building, a huge old chest fell, nearly hitting my head.

'What the...", I wonder as I have never seen this chest before.

I grab the lid and, using what little arm strength I had, opened the chest. I immediately spot a note with my address on it and everything.

The note read as such: Hello Davin, while you may not recognize my handwritting, I have hoped to lend you this. It could be useful...

So I looked inside, and found a weird mask in the shape of a raven's beak and face. I tried it on. No way... It was a perfect fit, and I had a hunch that it always would. Inside, I found another note.

Oh, and one more thing, have fun Faten, Lord of Fate...       Sincerely, M.

(Sorry about the size, I wanted to hook you in with a small cliffhanger. Did it work? >:) Ha!)

~Aurora