Chapter 9

"You know I was teasing you right?" Lucy said, adjusting the way she was sitting on the piano bench.

"Yeah, I just... I don't know why I snapped the way I did and I feel awful about it Lucy. I really do." Natsu said, his voice full of sincere.

"Yeah, I know you do..." Lucy said, looking away. This response threw Natsu off. Lucy would never say something like that, ever.

"Look, I'm not mad or upset or anything like that. I actually just want to be friends and go back to before the irrelevant fall out we had. But when that happened, I feel like I can't trust you again..." Lucy spoke, the words flying out of her mouth faster than Natsu could process them.

"I'm sorry, but I felt like I... we had a strong friendship then, y'know, that happened and it really could have been avoided. But with you actually being one of my first best friends, and for you to snap the way you did." She paused, finally meeting his eyes. It allowed Natsu to see all the hurt Lucy was feeling, and that only made the nervous feeling in his stomach grow.

"It honest to god scared me. I felt like I had messed up for teasing you in something I always did. Maybe I hit a nerve or maybe you were just tired of it. But... I feel like I can't trust you. Not right now at least." She finished, standing up and walking to the door.

Natsu on the other hand, sat there in shock. He was still processing it all.

But... I feel like I can't trust you.

Natsu was hurt by her words. His best friend, his crush, felt like she couldn't trust him. He had lost the ability to breathe. He could feel the void in his stomach grow as he suddenly felt the need to throw up.

He couldn't lie, he loved Lucy. Her beauty was radiant. The way her golden hair fell perfectly, shaping her face. The way her innocent chocolate brown eyes looked at him. The way she walked and talked with such grace and elegance. Natsu also fell in love with her intelligence. Her vocabulary was phenomenal, the way she used words that were alien to him. The way she could easily do math and easily figure out problems. But what got to him most.

What got Natsu the most?

Was the way she spoke. Her voice was like a symphony of angels. Every time she spoke, he felt himself falling in love even more, if that was possible. But it was.

"I'm sorry Natsu." Lucy said, opening the door.

"I just need time to think. And I need time to be able to trust you again. Bye Natsu." She spoke as Natsu finally gained control of his body. He stood up, walking ever so slowly towards the door he was too familiar with. He looked at Lucy, opening his mouth but closing it. And he left. Not knowing a damn thing to do.

---///---

hey guys! so sorry that this is super short and I know it's not my quality. but I have a question for you guys.

If I were to make a story off of the one shot I posted, would you guys read it?

You guys seemed to really like it so why not make a story about it? but anyway sorry for the short chapter once again. but until next time, peace