Chapter 36

Fawaaz bhai knocked on my door to wake me up for fajr, I was already awake. I didn't sleep the whole night, everytime I closed my eyes I had nightmares of Aahil attacking me.

I was suddenly afraid of him, his impetuous behaviour filled my heart with hatred for him. I never experienced this kind of behaviour before so it left me traumatised.

Zayaan was here early this morning, my alarm rang at 8 that's when I heard his car. He didn't come up to see me immediately, when I looked at my watch again it was 8:30.

I had no energy to go see where he was, Zafar came to see if I was awake. He told me that my Abba called Zayaan to his office just when he walked in and he was still in the office.

Just as Zafar and I were talking about him he knocked on my room door, he didn't come alone. Zuhair bhai, bhabhi and Fawaaz bhai were with him.

"Come in," I say nonchalantly.

"How you feeling today Amu?" Zuhair bhai ask gingerly.

"I'm okay bhai."

"She's not okay bhai, Amu didn't sleep the whole night she was having nightmares," Zafar says hastily.

"What! Why didn't you wake us up Amu?" Bhabhi asks as she walks towards me.

"Bhabhi I was too scared to move from here. I sat in one position the whole night, I couldn't move."

They left Zayaan and I alone in the room, bhabhi said she would send breakfast for both of us to my room. Zayaan had a meeting with Zuhair bhai which he cancelled.

We sat together and had breakfast, well I tried to eat, with all the forcing Zayaan did anyone would have ate but I felt too sick to eat.

Zayaan made me lay on the bed, he covered me with the duvet, he sat on the couch reading one of my books. I was falling asleep when his phone rang, I heard him talking about a business deal getting cancelled. 

I asked him what was wrong but he wouldn't say, he just told me to get some sleep. He continued reading the book and I put my head back on the pillow trying to sleep.

A few hours later I woke up and saw him still sitting on the couch, he had the book in his hand but his thoughts were elsewhere.

I sat up on the bed, I called out to him in a faint tone, my voice seemed to be going. I felt weak but didn't tell him anything as yet. He looked tensed and I didn't want to trouble him more.

"Please tell me what happened? Why you so tensed?"

"Doll you awake, I didn't even notice you woke up."

"What's wrong Zayaan?"

"Nothings wrong doll."

"Then why are you so tensed? Please don't hide from me. I heard you talking about a deal being cancelled."

"It's business doll, it happens. Deals get cancelled just like they get made."

"Zayaan I know that much. But why was the deal cancelled."

"Because I wanted to stay with you and they didn't want to wait so I cancelled the deal."

"Zayaan that's not how you do business. Your business is important, please don't do injustice to your business. What time was the deal for?"

"It's suppose to be at 2pm."

"Call them back and tell them you will be there. I don't want you to cancel meetings for me. Your work is important."

"Not as important as you are to me. I can leave my business to be with you."

"Don't talk nonsense, don't ever think like that Zayaan. You have a family to look after, your parents and your sisters need you. If you chose me over your business your family is going to suffer and they will think that I'm the cause of their suffering."