Chapter 1

Living in a country where violence and corruption reign just about every city, where child sex trafficking is nothing foreign to be found on the streets of Bógota, Colombia I dare to dream.

I dare to dream of the day when my mother finally comes out of jail, when I finally meet my father, of going back to school...but over all, I dare to dream of the day when 'The predators' are captured ; oh how I hate them with all my guts. They capture innocent girls and take them to their sex trafficking business, where there's no return. It's either that or they die then and there.

--------------------------

5:00 AM

The ice cold water running down my body, is more than enough to wake me up, as my teeth chatter.

I'm only allowed four buckets of water, the rest is for my grandmother, and for cooking as well as doing the dishes. That's if or when we actually can afford food.

I look at my options, my two outfits ; a worn out rosy pink dress, or ripped jeans and an orange shirt.

I go for the dress, since I plan on paying my mom a little surprise visit in jail , after I'm done selling the merch.

I slip on my only pair of shoes; my black rubber flip flops, and I put my hair in a side braid.

"Ya me voy abuela, Adios" *bye Granny*, I say to my grandmother as she gives me her blessing before leaving, like every other morning.

I grab my tray, with a string to hang from my neck. In it, the merch. 'The merch' is actually mints, and fruit flavored candies. I walk around the streets of Bogota, selling these to try to be able to pay for the rent for our little room. It's not even an apartment, it's literally just four small walls, a kitchen oven, and there's no bathroom.

"Señor would you like some chicles?*mints*" I stop by the bakery nearby, to ask Don Jose.

"Si porfavor. I'll take two packages Meltem" he smiles at me.

I hand him two packages, In exchange of two dollars.

"Gracias!" I grin, walking away.

3:00 PM

I sat by the sidewalk, to count how much money I'd made today. Rent was due tomorrow...and if we didn't pay we'd get kicked out into the streets...which was worse.

Twelve Dollars. Twelve Freaking Dollars. I needed eighty five.

No this can't be.

I sighed in frustration, as I headed to the Prison of Bogota.

"Nombre?" Asked the official in a dark blue uniform.

"Meltem Suarez" I replied looking down.

"Aren't you a little young to be here by yourself?" He asked.

"I'm here to see my mother, please " I pleaded.

"Fine. But hurry child" he sighed.

"Muchas Gracias señor!" I said smiling.

"But you must leave your things here" he said.

"Of course" I nodded, putting my tray on his desk.