The Baryonyx

Alan awoke with blood dripping down his face. He groaned. His entire body hurt. He heard rustling from somewhere within the plane, footsteps from other people just waking up like him. They yelled to get the attention of anyone who was conscious.
"I need a body count!" Alan recognized the voice, it was David.
The man jogged past but walked back. He breathed a sigh of relief upon realizing it was Alan. Seeing the blood dripping from his head, David motioned for someone out of view. A single medical officer ran around the corner and started bandaging up his head. David ran off somewhere Grant couldn't see.
"Arther is dead!" David called out.
"Pilot and Co-Pilot are too!" A female voice shouted.
"I've got 4 dead over here!" Someone else responded.
"Is everyone injured?" David asked.
"I'd say that's a safe bet," the woman bandaging Alan shouted out.
"Can anyone find Dodgson?!" a man shouted.
"Yeah! He's over here. No visible cuts or injuries!"
"Thank the lord."
The team worked quickly to patch up whatever injuries they could. All the survivors had smaller cuts and bruises, those that suffered any worse didn't survive. The most healthy people formed a small circle at the center of the cargo bay and decided on the next course of action, Alan was a part of the huddle.
"Alright, we need an escape plan. Any ideas?" David asked.
After a moment of silence, Grant spoke up, "There are a lot of abandoned vehicles around the island, boats are abundant. They're not the best since this is a big island and finding individual boats would be tricky... but it's better than nothing."
"Definitely a last resort. There's no guarantee that would even work."
A woman spoke up, "What about the satellite phones? Maybe we could call someone else I come help?"
Alan perked up, "I'd bet John would be more than willing to send a small rescue team for us."
David shook his head, "The satellite phones were in one of the crates we left on the runway. We'd have to go retrieve them. With those things still out there I don't feel safe leaving the plane."
"We're not going to get much done sitting in this box you know?" the girl said.
"I'm well aware."
Alan opened his mouth to speak but stopped. The group looked at him, confused. He put his finger up to his mouth and then cupped one ear.
*STOMP*
*STOMP*
Eyes widened with horror. Everyone crawled away from the circular windows at the edges of the plane. Grant hid behind a stack of boxes. The shadow of some dinosaur blocked out the sunlight as it passed each window one by one. They could hear a scraping sound as it passed by.
The creature reached the front of the plane. It sniffed around loudly. The creature snarled and hissed. The plane shook as a loud bang echoed out from the cockpit. Metal creaked and groaned under stain before the entire front capsule of the plane was ripped off and tossed aside.
The dinosaur approached the corpses of the pilots. The sound of crunching bones and mashing teeth sickened the crew. They were forced to listen as the dinosaur ate their pilots. Eventually, the sounds ceased, but the animal didn't leave. It sniffed the air once again and the light coming in through the hallway to the cockpit darkened as a head began to poke its way into the plane.
All any of them could see was the shadow of a long, narrow head, lined with dozens of small hook-like teeth. The dinosaur growled. Slowly it inched further and further into the plane. The tip of the snout peeked around the corner of the wall, right next to where a merc was hiding. She looked absolutely terrified. She clutched her gun tightly.
The dinosaur stopped moving. It snorted before beginning to back away.

SNAP

The creature lunged forward, craning its neck around the corner with such speed the woman didn't have time to react. She was ripped out of the plane at breakneck speed.
The escape hatch on the left side of the plane flew open and a massive arm reached into the plane. It grabbed another mercenary and pulled him, kicking and begging for help, out of the plane. Mass panic erupted.
The crew piled into the back of the plane and mashed furiously at the 'open back hatch' button. Many more concentrated a hail of bullet fire at the dinosaurs. Most of the fired rounds bounced off the predators' hardened scales. Even the ones that managed to stick didn't make it more than skin deep. None of their attacks dealt any significant damage.
The dinosaur had stuck its head back into the plane. It was snapping at the crew, trying to grab any one of them it could. The one on the left side of the plane happily devoured the man it caught. Alan could see a severed leg fall past the opening. The dinosaur continued to snap at them, pushing with all its might to squeeze into the plane. The metal creaked and slowly bent.
Finally, the back door fell open. All the survivors ran over one another to get away. Everyone ran into the jungle behind the plane.
The metal around the cockpit doorway finally gave in. It was deformed enough for the dinosaur to get through. It ran down the length of the plane and gave chase. The other dinosaur dropped what it was eating and joined the chase.
Alan ran as fast as he could. David was keeping close by. Both occasionally shot a look back at the dinosaurs. They were snapping up slower members of the crew.
They broke into a clearing. Alan noticed a thick grove of trees and pointed to it, "Over there!"
Their legs burned. Their bodies ached. The Mercs were pushing their bodies to the limit. The tree line behind them exploded with bits of wood and tree branches as the dinosaurs came into the clearing after them.
Around the tree stumps they went. Each member of the crew did their best not to run into one another in the cramped space. The last man to reach the trees was mere feet away from the jaws of the dinosaurs. The dinosaurs slammed into the trees but couldn't go any further. He thought he was clear, only for one of the creatures to lash out with its claw in a desperate attempt to stop him. The massive hook claw dug into his arm and ripped it off at the shoulder.
The man collapsed to the ground, screaming in pain. David ran over and grabbed the man by his remaining arm. The arm of the dinosaur swung down to where the man had been seconds ago and dug straight into the ground. David helped the man to his feet and guided him back to the group.
Alan and everyone else had found an area with a few knocked-over trees to rest. The trees had gotten less dense in this portion of the forest.
The sound of heavy breathing was the only noise made by anyone for a solid minute before a member of the group shouted hysterically, "What the hell were those things?!"
Alan asked himself that question. They were clearly some type of Spinosaur but didn't have much of a sail. They were too small to be Suchomimus. He got it.
"Baryonyx," Alan said between breaths.
"I'm sorry, Bary... what?"
"Baryonyx, the Heavy Claw. They're mainly piscivorous, only resulting to terrestrial hunting when prey was scarce."
"Lucky us huh? We didn't even get one of the dinosaurs that specializes in hunting us. We just got the substitute teachers! We are so screwed!" The man collapsed to the ground and curled into the fetal position. His body was covered in blood that wasn't his own.
Alan looked around the survivors and spotted Dodgson, looking a little shaken up. The two locked eyes, but Alan didn't throw any anger toward him this time. This was a survival situation now. There was no longer any room for hostility between the two of them.
David placed his hand on Alan's shoulder. He turned to face the man who asked, "You said John Hammond would be willing to send a rescue party right?"
"That's right."
"Then we need to get the satellite phone. Cooper was killed at the back of the runway and he had one on him. It'd be the quickest way to get one. I need volunteers," David asked the group. No one said anything, "Hey geniuses. We're not going to get off this island if we don't get one of those phones!"
Alan stood tall, "I'm going."
"Dr. Grant I can't possibly-"
"You don't know what other dinosaurs could be lurking out there. You'll need me," Grant said as he slung his backpack onto his shoulders.
A couple of people volunteered and a small group headed back through the thick woods.