Chapter 21: Clean Slate Part I

Amy woke up at the sound of the doorbell.

"I'm coming!" She yelled.

"Ms. Pizarro?" The gentleman asked.

"It's Mrs. Cena," she said.

"Amy Pizarro?" he asked.

"Yes, that's me," she answered.

"I have this for you, have a nice day," he said and stormed out.

She was puzzled, why did he say Ms. Pizarro, she's been Mrs. Cena for almost two years now. He delivered some red roses, her favorite flower, with a card on it. It seemed strange to her because there was no special occasion for her or John. She opened the card.

"Hey Amy,

I know you probably don't want to hear from me but after I saw you at the club, I couldn't help it, I asked Monica for your address, I wanted to ask for a small favor, please meet me at the gazebo in the town plaza at midnight. I hope you come.

Love,

Daniel."

She scoffed, after everything he has done to her and he expected her to just forget about it all and meet him. She knew if she told John, he would vote against her going to meet him anyway. Daniel had to realize that she had a life now, a family, a husband and a baby. She was not going to leave them for him especially after what he did.

Amy also thought about Monica, they grew up together in Florida, they watched wrestling together, she asked her to go on the road with her after she signed her record deal, she wanted to have her adventures with her best friend and partner in crime by her side. After Monica refused to live the Hollywood life with Amy, they stopped talking altogether, Amy truly missed her.

Amy grabbed her cellphone and scrolled through her contacts until she found Monica's name. She pressed the Call button but she was nervous about Monica's reaction.

"Hello, who is this?" Monica asked.

"It's me," Amy whispered.

"Amy?" Monica asked.

Amy could hear the shock in her voice.

"Yeah, it's me Monica, how are you?" Amy asked.

"I'm fine, I'm shocked to hear from you, how is the WWE? And I've seen the news, you're married to John Cena?" she said.

Monica asked her too many questions for her to keep up.

"Everything is fine, I just missed you," Amy confessed.

"I missed you too Amy a lot, I miss my best friend," Monica said.

"I called you because I missed you and because of certain someone contacting you," Amy said.

"Daniel contacted me, he wanted to know your address, I contacted your parents and gave it to him, is that okay?" she asked.

"It's fine, I actually saw him recently, it brought all the memories back from that night, he used the address to send me flowers and asked me to meet him to talk," Amy said.

"And you probably think it's a bad idea because you're married," Monica finished the sentence for her.

As best friends, Monica and Amy will finish each other's sentence that's how well they knew each other.

"Exactly, you know me too well that you always ended finishing my sentences," Amy joked.

"We know each other like the back of our hands," Monica said.

"Are you still leaving in the apartment by the beach?" Amy asked.

"Yeah, I am," Monica answered.

"I'm going to send you something in the mail that I hope you will like," Amy said.

Baby John started crying and she didn't want him to wake John up after the long night they had.

"Monica, I have to go but I'll call you later, I love you and I hope to see you soon," Amy said.

"I love you too Amy, I'll see you soon," Monica said.

Amy went upstairs to get baby John while John slept. John looked adorable cuddled up with his pillow and just in his shorts.

"Hey my baby, don't cry, Mom is here," she told him.

She stared at him, he had his father's eyes and hair.

"You look just like daddy, you're going to have a lot of girls falling for you but you can only have one," she said.

John woke up when he heard her talking to their baby.

"Hey babe, you look so cute," he said.

He startled her, "Weren't you sleeping mister?" she asked.

"I was but I couldn't sleep anymore, I wanted to be with my wife and son," he answered.

Amy sat beside him in their bed and she placed their baby between both of them. Amy brushed the baby's hair and he smiled at her.

"Mommy and Daddy love you so much, you're definitely going to be spoiled by your parents," she said.

John just thought it was the cutest thing seeing her happy with their baby.

"When did you wake up babe?" he asked her.

"A while ago actually," she answered.

"Is everything okay?" he asked.

He noticed she seemed a bit quiet since he woke up.

"I woke up because of the doorbell, I got delivery of a dozen red roses," she said.

"Who sent them?" he asked when he rubbed his eyes.

"Daniel," she whispered.

"Wait, how did you get our address?" he asked curiously.

"Long story short, he contacted my friend Monica, she called my parents asking for our address, she gave it to him and he sent me flowers with a card saying to meet him in the gazebo in the town plaza at midnight," she explained.

He scratched the back of his neck, "You should meet him babe," he said.

"Why should I?" she snapped.

"I think it will be a good idea for you two to talk about what happened, it will help heal that heart," he said as he placed his hand on her heart.

"I don't know John, I'm not sure it's a good idea," she said.