Prologue

[Aloe's POV]

Dear Diary,

It's been three years since we became rulers of Narnia. As a gift, my father gave me this unique leather-back journal, which only I can open with my locket. I've never taken the locket off my neck, because it was the only thing I had left of my father. I don't write in here much, as most of the things I write about are similar. Anyways, back to the important stuff.

The Pevensies decided that they wanted to go out and explore, and leave me back at Cair Paravel to make sure Narnia is in tact. That's basically why my life has been so quiet. In my spare time, I've been looking into all the small rooms dotted around the castle. Surprisingly, there is a lot.

There was a dress chamber where around a thousand dresses where held. They were all different shapes, sizes and colours. They even had many wedding dresses. I was very surprised that the dress I had been given by Jadis, the White Witch, was locked tightly in a glass case with a note stuck onto it. Luckily, nobody was watching it so I decided to take the note. I am obviously going to return it, but I must note it down first. The note read:

-This dress is to be kept encased in this enchanted dome at all times. In no circumstances must it be removed or returned to the the original owner, High Queen Aloenera.

The reason being, is that it had originated from the old ruler, Jadis. Her blood was used to create this dress, which means that if combined with a drop of Adam's or Eve's blood, she will return.

The shoes and cape are safe from Jadis' blood, meaning that they are free to be worn. However, if the three are together, the power will spread from the dress and into the shoes and cape, making whoever wears them invincible.

The shoes have melted down from gold and turned into fine cutlery. As for the cape, it was re-threaded and turned into cloth that will be used to swaddle a new born child.

Keep this solemn information, in case a strong wizard or witch visits. Then send them on a mission to find the shoes and cape to destroy them. These are clear instructions that are indestructible as long as I shall live.

Aslan-

I didn't write every single word down, because it wasn't important. It was just some nonsense about cleaning the case and stuff. My father sure was a clean freak. It was dated that day after our coronation, or in other words, the day my father left. He didn't say a word about his departure, but he was probably thinking that I would find this. Besides, the royal dress maker retired a week before our coronation, so me and Lucy have been looking after the dresses.

However, now that the Pevensies have gone on their monthly voyage. I might have a bit of time to explore or even find the cape and shoes. Sadly, I wont. I promised Ed I'd stay and keep myself safe. Last time I left Cair Paravel, I broke my leg after falling of my horse, trying to pick an apple from a tree.

It's also a week until my birthday. Well, my Narnian birthday. When I came into Narnia, along with the Pevensies, everyone was two years older. So Ed and I were sixteen, Susan seventeen, Lucy thirteen and Peter nineteen. This means that I will be turning nineteen in less than eight days. I really do hope the Pevensies are back by then, because having people throw me big parties isn't as fun without your friends.

Meanwhile, there has been movement in the Danabue Islands, which is where the Pevensies are heading off to. Many of the servants have passed on rumors about there being Dabanue citizens in Narnia. Danabue is a very complicated kingdom. It s ruled by King Christopher and his Queen. They have a completely different culture.

They don't believe in weaponry, so magical combat is fairly common. Their clothing style is more sophisticated, and fine dresses and garments are expected to be worn by everyone. In other words, if you were to visit, you wouldn't be able to tell the rich people from the commoners. They are very different to us Narnians, and I hope by creating a treaty, we will be able to show them our ways of living, as there would be many complications if they carried on like they did. I most certainly think that if Peter was to rule over them as well as us, he wouldn't like the way they lived and start some sort of rivalry. But of course, who is to know what Peter might do.

Speaking of Peter, we have been trying to find him a girlfriend. We all think that it would make him less tense and make sure he doesn't overthink his power. We've tried inviting princesses from far places, but he just ignores them, politely of course. We were once so desperate that we even went to the commoners living amongst Narnia. We just hope that he doesn't think we are behind this. Besides, he knows he needs a wife to bear him a son, and an heir to Narnia's throne.

Anyways, back to the point about me roaming around the castle. It turns out that behind my wardrobe is a secret passage way that leads to an industrial library that was somehow built for me. As usual, my father left me a note saying to read all the books that were on the table. I've read about three so far and now I can see why he lent me this library. From all the clues and torn pages I found dotted around the room, they all lead back to a portal key that opens another dimension. Thousands of notebooks are filled to the brim of theories of where this portal may be and how to open it. From what I've gathered, I'm guessing my father wants me to carry on the work that he started before I was born. Id I add this onto the pile, I will have another mystery to solve. Looks like my silent days of doing nothing are over. It's time to go on an adventure.

-High Queen A.