ONCE AGAIN

Hi guys! Nice to see you all again! Hope you like this. Check out my other books too!

I will be updating 'Our Bond' tomorrow.

Happy reading :)

***********

It was still dawn when I stepped out of the cab and walked towards the entry gate of the Delhi airport. The early morning February air was pleasantly cold.

I was traveling to Bengaluru to attend a college friend's wedding. It had been four years since we graduated from the same college. This wedding was also going to be a reunion of our batch mates. But what I didn't know was that the reunion would begin much ahead of time; right in the queue in front of the airline counter.

I was almost sure it was her. She had same height! Same long hair and same complexion! Curiosity had my eyes glues to her. And then about 60-odd seconds later, when she turned, she proved me right. My ex-girlfriend stood two places ahead of me in that queue. We had never met after the college farewell.

I was stuck between rushing to go and talk to her or ignoring her and treating her like a stranger. I bet she does not even remember my name so I chose the latter.

I wondered what she was doing here as she was born and raised in Bengaluru. As far as I knew she had been here only once to meet her cousins. Lost in my thoughts I robotically went and boarded my plane. I had got seat next to the window seat. I wanted the window seat to distract myself. Well I hope the person who gets the seat will be willing to swap with me.

"Excuse me? Sorry but you are in my seat." an angelic voice caught my attention.

I lifted my head to see the person whose thoughts I was avoiding. She inhaled sharply when she saw me. Both of us were staring. I was looking at her beautiful brown orbs and loosing myself in them. Finally, she shook her head a little as if to clear her thoughts.

"Well?" she asked me breaking me from the trance. God, I had missed her!

"No, I think this is my seat. Check again." I told her gaining back my commonsense.

She was looking back at her ticket with a slight frown. Her nose was scrunched up and she was looking adorable.

"Oh yes, you are right! I got the window seat. I wish I had your seat." She pouted. My eyes found her puckered lips. I used to kiss those lips.

I mentally slapped myself. 'She is your EX! You cannot think about her like this now! You lost your chance. She may even have a boyfriend' my subconscious was warning me.

"You can sit in my seat. We will swap." I told her quickly before my thoughts went down a darker path.

"Thank you." she heaved a sigh as we switched places.

"If I am not wrong you are Ranveer right? We used to go to college together?" she asked.

Well at least she remembers my name. I should be feeling happy but why was my heart squeezing uncomfortably.

'You deserve it. You caused this to happen' my subconscious was mocking me again.

"Yes Anumitha. You got it right." I gave her a small forced smile.

"Thank you for switching with me. I hate window seats you know?" she smiles brightly at me.

"I know." I tell her as I am hit with a memory.