Flowers and Fire

Hey all! Welcome to my oneshot fic. Each chapter will be a new oneshot, each with a different theme. For example, this first oneshot's themes are temporary tattoos and hand holding.

This is my first time writing for the Star Wars fandom, and I hope I do the characters justice. Enjoy.

The door creaked as it was pushed open, and two cloaked, hooded figures strode into the stale-smelling shop. They held themselves with the confidence of ages, of knowing that they could accomplish anything. The shop employees stopped and stared as the pair wandered around, examining the shelves.

"Are you sure about this, Anakin?" The shorter figure muttered to his companion, who chuckled under his breath.

"Scared, Master?" Anakin replied, smirking from beneath his hood. They were dressed in Standard clothing, but unknown to them, the style of the cloaks they still wore gave them away as Jedi.

"Don't be absurd. I'm simply making sure this is a legitimate organisation, and that-"

"It's a tattoo shop, Obi-Wan. It's not going to be a 'legitimate organisation'." Anakin ignored the horrified expression on his old master's face, and reached instead for a temporary tattoo. "What do you think of this one, Master? I think it would suit you." Obi-Wan simply stared at Anakin from under the shadow of his hood. "Perhaps not, then." Anakin replaced the pink, glittery animal tattoo back on the shelf.

Obi-Wan sighed, leaving his former Padawan to his own devices (most likely a mistake, but Anakin was old enough to get himself out of trouble) to explore the suspicious shop. It hadn't been his idea to get fake tattoos, of course, but Anakin could be very persuasive when he set his mind to something. He was determined to get Obi-Wan to relax after their latest mission, and this had been what he had decided. How this was supposed to be relaxing, Obi-Wan didn't know.

However, he hadn't wanted to upset his friend and so had reluctantly agreed to accompany Anakin to the dingy shop. Obi-Wan wasn't sure he wanted to know how Anakin knew of this place.

Staring at the shelves, lost in thought, Obi-Wan reached out randomly and snagged the first packet his fingers touched as he felt Anakin returning to his side.

"Chosen yet, Master?" Anakin's joyful voice inquired. Obi-Wan looked down at his hand, surprised to see a simple yet elegant design of a flower in the packet. His heart gave a sudden lurch as he recognised the flower as one that Qui-Gon had cared for in their apartment when Obi-Wan had been but a Padawan. "Nice flower." Anakin was leaning over his shoulder, hair falling across his face as he saw Obi-Wan's choice. He shoved his hair back with his free hand. "Look at mine!" Obi-Wan obligingly turned and studied Anakin's fire pattern.

"It's very nice, Anakin, but don't you think it's a little too... obvious?" He inquired, referring to the size of the tattoo. It would cover most of Anakin's back. The young Knight grinned at him.

"Nah, it'll be fine! Anyway, the only time I take my robes off is when I'm in our apartment or if we're sparring. They only last a few days, anyway." While talking, Anakin had turned and started to walk towards the counter, Obi-Wan by his side. "These two, please." He plucked Obi-Wan's packet from his fingers and placed both tattoos on the counter along with the correct number of credits.

"Thank you, sirs. Would you like to get them applied here or would you rather do them yourselves?" The employee behind the counter asked. Anakin glanced at his friend before making the decision.

"Let's get them done here. I don't trust you to put mine on properly." He teased Obi-Wan, who rolled his eyes good-naturedly.

They were led into a back room and Anakin was asked to strip to the waist, while Obi-Wan simply had to bare one of his arms. He chose his left.