1. Shady Spindle

Shady's P.O.V. ~

I sauntered up the steps of the school, people cowering in fear as I passed. Hexcellent . My bags floated along behind me surrounded in an aura of green smoke, my magic. This year was going to be spell-tacular. I'd sign The Book of Legends and then me and Raven would defeat our enemies (despite the story) and take over all of Ever After. I had it all mapped out. It would be perfect, perfectly wicked to be exact. I opened the doors of the school and it all went silent.

"Well, isn't this wonderful. Apple White, how long has it been?" I called out maliciously to the "next queen", as I snapped my fingers and my bags were transported to my room.

"Shady, it's so good to see you again. How are you?" She asked in her sickly sweet voice. Ugh. Nothing could faze her perfect facade, just like her mother's, Snow White. "Oh I've been just....dandy. Mom is still stuck in her eternal slumber, thanks to your mom. Hmm...what else, oh yeah and I got a new poison potion. That goes just spell-bindingly with apples." I taunted her hoping she would crack. "Oh...that's great Shady! You should get together with Raven and show her. That's perfect for later! Hey gotta go but spell you later." She responded and skipped away. Whatever. Raven! I couldn't wait to see her, it had been years. Granted we only were together 4 times. It still was everything I dreamed of. We talked about evil things and we did all kinds of fun activities, catching bone rats (or in her case butterflies, she was confused) and doing level 1 spell casting practice. Just like our mothers. I looked down at my locket hanging from my neck, then gingerly clicked it open, the black metal smoothly opening revealing two pictures. The first one was of my mom and Auntie Queen where they were  doing silly faces from when they were in school. The other was of me and Raven. We were about 6 and we had mimicked their faces as best as we could. It was exactly as it should be. A evil smile stretched across my face and the thought of our destiny together. We were going to be best friends forever after, just like our parents.

That's when the doors slammed open again, this time revealing exactly the princess I wanted to see. Along with the hair-brained Hatter.

"Raven, it's so good to see you it's been so long!" I excitedly said as I crossed to her.

"Sh-shady I hadn't been told you'd be going here." Raven stuttered out, probably from the excitement of seeing me again. "I know, I figured since you know our mothers were so close we could room together?" I asked, well more stated, knowing she would be all for the plan. And then we could start our amazingly evil friendship.

    "Sorry but, i'm rooming with Maddy this year." Raven answered, I let in a sharp intake of breath not expecting that. What is happening? There's probably some evil motive behind this fairy-fail. "Oh...um...okay. Can we hang out later though? I'd really like to catch up more." I replied honestly. Then like the villain I was, brushed it off and brought my natural, sarcastic smirk play across my face. "Yeah, sure." She said nonchalantly, before heading off with her, colorful, friend. Everything will go how it's supposed to though. I just know it. 

Later~

We were now doing Legacy Day rehearsals. I came feeling especially wicked. Today me and Raven had gotten a chance to talk and granted, it wasn't exactly as I thought it would go. But, with time my evilness would rub off on her. Now it was Raven's turn.

"I'm Raven Queen and I pledge to follow my destiny, umm...I have a question." She asked.

    "What is it?" Professor Grimm replied darkly. "What if I don't want to take the pledge?" She replied hesitantly. And with those 9 words time seemed to slow down. Raven didn't want to be evil. She didn't want to be like her mom. No! This can't be happening. If she doesn't sign then, then....I'll be alone again. If she doesn't want to be friends like her mother was with mine then....I'll be alone. My thoughts were then interrupted by Raven.