I Love You

Jaz's POV:

I ran as fast as I could with my cheap shoes. There were trees on both sides of the road but I wanted to get further down the road. I heard the car swerve and eventually turn around, that's when I made my move to run into the trees.

The sky was getting darker from grey clouds. I kept running making sure I left no tracks behind. Soon, I had to stop and take a breath. I put my hands on my knees and breathed deeply. When I stood back up, an arm was around my neck, a knife pressing to my throat. I clawed at the arm, willing it to let go.

“Tell me your name and what pack you come from.” His deep voice said. I tried kicking him, but his legs locked with mine and I couldn’t move.

“Speak.” He growled.

“Bluevine.” I spoke confidently. “As for the pack, it depends what pack you’re in.” I said.

“Bluevine? As in Jazmine Bluevine?” He asked. I nodded. He let me go. I instantly stepped back, ready to punch him when I saw his attire.

He was wearing no shirt, and blackish/brown beat up shorts. The same tribal tattoo that I had on my hand was on his collar bone.

“FireLeaf? Why don’t I recognize you?” I questioned.

“They got new soldiers. Word of an attack got out and they found some to replace the others.” He said.

No one could replace the others.

“Lead me to them.” I nodded, jumping excitedly inside. I might actually get to stay with them forever., be part of the FireLeaves again.

He nodded, walking. After a while of silence, I broke the awkwardness.

“How did you know my name?” I asked him. He looked at me. He was tan with dark brown hair that hung in front of his eyes. His teeth were a brilliant white that almost sparkled every time he smiled.

“You’re kidding, right?” He asked, smiling. His smile was contagious and I found myself smiling back, shaking my head.

“You’re like the legend of the FireLeaves.” He said, as if it were obvious. “Jack talks about you constantly. The whole pack worships you. I mean…who would have ever thought a girl would kick ass as well as you?” He said. I laughed, itching my chin.

“Well I wouldn’t necessarily say that.” I said. I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. Jack talks about me.

“So, tell me your name.” I said. He looked at me again before smiling.

“Justin.” He said.

“I like it.” I nodded. “ So what were you doing in that territory?” I asked.

“That’s actually FireLeaves territory. We got it a few weeks ago. Jack told me to go and track trespassers.” He said as we reached a door.

“You ready?” He asked me. I smiled, nodding. He opened the door and everyone on the room faced their weapons at me.

“Halt!” One yelled. I raised my eyebrow. Halt?

“Stop, weapons down.” Someone calmly ordered them, the man sounded in awe, but i reconginzed his voice. They all hesitated, but lowered their arrows and knives. Out of the crowd of shirtless men, Jack stepped out. He smiled widely before I ran towards him, hugging him and knocking him down in the process, repeatedly kissing him on the cheeks, forehead, nose, anywhere. The other soldiers stood above us, pointing their arrows at me.

“Sorry guys, I didn’t knock.” Justin came in the room.

“You’re better! You didn’t die!” I exclaimed, helping him up.