14✔︎ Never Forget

I dedicate this chapter to qveenpariah for all the love and support for my story! Your comments are everything! Y'all be sure to go check out her awesome stories and imagines! 😍❤️❤️

**Pictured above is Robbie Jones (Quentin Fields from One Tree Hill if you watched that show) casted as Trenton.

Warning: This chapter  alludes to physical and emotional abuse, so please be advised.

Blake

It was six o'clock, and we'd finally arrived in Houston. I checked my phone as soon as we got on the bus, and sighed with relief at the sight of a text from Jubilee.

Ju😋😏❤️
3:48pm
Thank you for the messages from earlier, BG. I had a lot going on at work today that I need to tell you about, which is why I haven't responded to you before now. Please call me once you get settled in Houston. If I'm in class, I'll call you back during one of our breaks.

Hmm. It's 6:30 here, which means it's 4:30 there, and Jubilee's class starts at 4 and ends at 7. So she's probably about to get a break in about a half hour. I quickly called her and left a message before hopping off the bus to head to my hotel room and get settled in before dinner at 7:30 in the hotel lobby.

I had talked with DJ and CP, and their advice was to just apologize over and over until she realized how sorry I really was. CP even went as far to say that being self-deprecating might help, too. I shook my head and chuckled as I hung my clothes up in the closet of my hotel room. They of course were talking trash about how CP tried to warn me that Jubilee was not going to be too happy about Arielle, and DJ called me an idiot for trying to bring up that she wanted us to take things slow. Which, to be honest, I have no idea why I brought that up. Jubilee was just acting like I had committed murder or something, and in the moment I couldn't believe that she was so upset when we'd only been involved for a few days. Especially since I knew that Jubilee had been through way worse in college with her ex Trenton, so for me to not even really do anything I was just surprised at how offended she was.

Oh no. That's why she freaked out! Because she has been through way worse with Trenton and didn't want to go through that again. Shit. I really am an idiot.

Six Years Ago

"Jubilee!" I called, announcing that I'd arrived at her apartment and was looking for her.

I got no reply and instead heard sniffling coming from her bedroom. Oh no, I wonder what could be wrong. Jubilee and I had been friends ever since we met last year at a party on her campus here at Texas. And although I have always been attracted to her and wanted a shot at a relationship, she'd immediately friend zoned me due to this asshole, Trenton, who she couldn't seem to shake. Trenton. That's probably why she's crying. I cursed under my breath in frustration as I made my way to her room. It was my turn to travel to Texas to visit since Jubilee came to Oklahoma two weeks ago, and I didn't want our time together to be ruined because of him. It was only August, so I could come visit her before basketball began in a couple months.

I slowly opened her bedroom door and walked in, finding Jubilee curled up in the fetal position on her bed, holding a tissue box. Her eyes were red and swollen, meaning I'd come in on the tail-end of the crying.

"Ju," I whispered sadly, my heart breaking to see her like this.

"Hey Blake," she barely whispered, her voice was raspy, and she was still sniffling.