Thirteen

Hercules
| thirteen |

"No."

Jack sighed, running a hand over his face. Next to him, Zeus sat with his arms crossed over his chest, his eyes trained in on the human girl who glared up at him, venom lacing her voice. Luke sat beside Ivy, his hand resting on her thigh, drawing small circles in an attempt to calm her. It did the opposite. She shook with anger as her eyes narrowed at the Alpha before her, red hair tied up into a messy bun as she breathed deeply. Jack stared at her, running a hand through his slowly greying hair. "Ivy, please be reasonable about this."

Ivy scoffed, rolling her eyes as they snapped towards the man who had raised her. "Reasonable?" She repeated, eyes ablaze as she laughed humourlessly. "I have just gotten away, and you want to send me back!?"

Zeus' green eyes stared into Ivy's as she fixated her gaze towards him. "This is the only way to get into Khan's head."

Ivy snorted, "No. Fuck you," She spat, pointing an accusing finger towards Zeus whose jaw clenched in temper. "It was your fucking brother who stopped me from getting away."

Jack cleared his throat, flashing Ivy a warning look as Zeus tensed at the mention of his brother. "Ivy, just think about it."

"I've already thought about it, and I'm saying no," The fiery redhead hissed towards him. Luke's hand squeezed her thigh in warning, Ivy suddenly aware of his skin touching hers. She faltered, her eyes flashing towards him, taken aback by the silent begging in his eyes. "I can't..." She breathed. Forcing her gaze from the boy beside her, she closed her eyes before looking towards Jack once again. "I can't go back there. Do you know what it's like being stuck there, surrounded by the very monsters that killed my parents?"

Jack looked at her expectantly.

Ivy scoffed, "Of course you don't." She was silent, the men watching her as she ran a hand through her hair. "I don't think I can go back there," She whispered.

"Luke will go with you."

Everyone turned to face Jack who ran a tired hand over his face as he looked at Ivy, before looking towards the frowning Luke. He parted his lips to protest, but Zeus beat him to it. "I don't think that would be wise," Zeus stated, everyone looking at him.

Ivy's and Luke's head turned back towards Jack whose fists tightened. "This is my pack. I'm the Alpha round here. What I say goes," Jack mocked.

Zeus was not phased. "If you want your son to remain alive, I suggest you keep him at home."

"Because?"

The Alpha leaned back in his chair lazily, "You stink of him," He said matter-of-factly. Ivy lifted her shirt to sniff it, only to realise that she could faintly smell the scent of Luke's aftershave. Her cheeks faintly stained of red, she forced her face to remain blank as Luke squeezed her leg once again. Zeus flashed her a knowing look before nodding his head, "If Hercules catches a scent of another male, human or not, his wolf will do anything to get rid of it."

Ivy frowned.

"That includes trying to mate with you," Zeus stated bluntly.

Ivy pulled a look of disgust as her features twisted into a glare that was aimed towards the Alpha. "I will never fuck him," She snarled.

Zeus shrugged, unphased. "He will have no problem in forcing you," He said, his voice lowering dangerously, his eyes darkening. Jack looked towards the Alpha with a questioning look, Zeus gritted his teeth as he forced out, "Let's just say my mate wasn't as strong as Ivy, here."