Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight: Hope Decays

(POV: Genevieve)

Squad Levi stood outside the castle as Erwin and Mike approached on horses. I stood trying not to grin. The two dismounted and stood before us. Everybody stood at attention.

"Eren, take the horses." Levi commanded. Eren nodded and took my cousin and Mike's horses to the stable.

"You all can stand down." Erwin said. He looked at me. "Go for it." He said. We both broke out into huge grins as I ran to hug him. He laughed a little as he held me. We let go of each other, though keeping one arm around one another.

"Commander Erwin, how's HQ?" Auruo asked, trying to sound like Levi.

"Fine, Auruo. Thank you for asking. Now, come. I want to hear everything that's been happening." Erwin said. Everybody walked in before us. Erwin held me back. "How is everything between you and Levi?" He asked quietly.

"Good. Hange found out and you know how she is..." I explained. He nodded and leaned forward, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"He'd better be treating my girl right." He whispered. I nodded with a smile.

"He is. Believe me." I assured him. We walked in and sat down at the table in the dinning hall. We all sat talking, me beside Erwin who was at the end of the table across from Levi. Eren brought tea before sitting down beside me. Erwin took my hand and smiled at me affectionately.

"So, Commander. Anything planned for the regiment soon?" Petra asked.

"Another expedition outside the walls." Erwin said. Then the pain started again. I groaned and gripped Erwin's hand tighter before the vision started again.

I sat on my horse, Levi beside me on his horse. He reached his hand over to mine, gently lacing our fingers together. I looked over at him, a smile gracing my features. He gave me a small smile in return before his attention moved back up to the front where Erwin was. I looked over at Levi and sighed. I leaned over more to him and grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"Gen, what're you-" I cut him off by crashing our lips together. He immediately kissed back. We slowly broke the kiss, still close to each other though. "I love you, Genevieve." He whispered.

"I love you, too, Levi." I whispered back. We pulled away from each other, our hands still together.

"Let the 57th expedition outside the walls begin!" Erwin yelled. Then, with one last glance at Levi, I let go of him hand before riding outside the walls.

I was snapped back to reality by Erwin holding me in his arms yelling for me.

"Genevieve! Genevieve! Can you hear me?!" He yelled for me. I looked up at him. He was breathing heavily and looked panicked.

"Erwin." I whispered softly. I put my hand on his chest. He looked down into my eyes and stroked my hair softly.

"Genevieve, oh God, I was afraid." He said, hugging me to him tighter. I felt him pick me up.

"Take her up to rest. Her room is across from mine. I'll show you." Levi said, walking before us. I rested my head against Erwin's collar bone as he carried me up the stairs. Erwin soon laid me on my bed. Levi sat beside me on the bed, Erwin on the other side of me.