Wrong Moves and Knife Wounds

He's yelling.

Trying to silence his thoughts that speak her name before she gets any closer. But everything is too loud and he wants to hold onto his hair instead of the handle of the knife he found in the kitchen.

He's freaking out.

Trying to silence his thoughts before she reaches out to touch him. But she's on her way now, feet pushing aside glass he doesn't remember breaking. He doesn't remember a lot of things from tonight, but he looks at her and her name is the only thing he remembers. Because she's all he sees and she's screaming and his own words are locked in his mouth.

He's broken.

Trying to trick her into thinking he's breaking instead. But he's already broken and she thinks he's just breaking. Thinks she can stop him from shattering by wrapping her arms around him and piecing him together properly the way no one could ever do for her.

He's dangerous.

Trying to trick her into thinking he's not already broken. So when she tries to keep him from breaking without knowing he's already broken, the knife in his hand that he found in the kitchen presses against her chest and she pulls away with wide eyes and shaky hands, fingers working at moving the handle.

He's in love.

Trying to figure out what went wrong between stepping into the house and seeing her on the floor. So when he sees a thin line of blood peek it's way from the corner of her lips, he shakes his head and doesn't want her to be hurt. Doesn't want her to die or be bleeding where he should be kissing her. But the universe makes sure that what Harry wants is what he doesn't get.

He's not insane.

Trying to figure out what went wrong between stepping into the house and seeing the love of his life on the floor. But that doesn't matter to his lawyer because, "you're insane and you're pleading that way."

He's done.

Thinks he's better off confessing because he did kill her, and her blood was on his hands. Better yet, it's still staining his skin but people can't see it. He can't see it, but he can feel it and everything about him is dirty from that night because he loved her but the echo of her voice telling him otherwise is swimming in his head.

description:
"Tell me about the first person you ever loved."

"I killed her."

Harry is found innocent in the eyes of the international court of justice for the death of his girlfriend. But he felt more than guilty, and reaches out to a girl majoring in analytical psychology so she can analyze everything about his girlfriend up until the moment of her her death.