Chapter Thirteen

Alex's POV:

Skip To New Year's Eve: 

     It was six o'clock in the evening today. Oh my gosh this year went by so fast. Good things happened. Bad things happened. But it's alright because that's life. I was getting ready for the party at my house tonight. Being the tomboy I am, I threw on a black skater dress that had a sweetheart neckline with short net sleeves. The top part of it was gold though. Gotta have some color. 

     Karaoke was fun at my house. Sean and I sang Stitches by Shawn Mendes but kept laughing. Then Kenneth and I sang As Long As You Love Me by Justin Bieber. I rapped the whole part and sang some of it. We're doing karaoke tonight too. Mom and Dad want me to do a solo. And I am. I'm dedicating Tattooed Heart to Sean. Yeah I'm lame but whatever. My parents know a lot of people so I'm guessing there will be a lot of people. Plus my squad and their families. I get a facetime call from Sean. 

"Hey Cupcake." He greets me. 

"Hiya Cutie." I smile at him. I set my phone down at my makeup desk and do my makeup. 

"Ready for New Years?" Sean asks, admiring me. I know he's admiring me because he has those eyes and he tilts his head to the left. 

"Honestly, yes. Sean, so many things have happened this year and I just want things to be okay." I stop with my mascara and look at him. 

"They will be okay. Have hope." He tells me. 

"Sean, people say that to me every year. I have so much hope but honestly, I'm keeping my hopes low next year." I sigh and shake my head. 

"Alex, you should always keep your hopes at a level. Look, people out there freaking love you. Especially me." He winks at me. 

"You're too cute." I giggle. 

"You're cuter. Aye, I gotta go. But I'll see ya tonight. Love you." He hangs up. I smile at the blank screen and continue on with my makeup. I finally finish and start on my hair. I grabbed my wand and curled my hair. 

     After I finished, I went downstairs

     After I finished, I went downstairs. People were coming in around seven. I made sure all the decorations were nicely done properly. I am a perfectionist after all. I made sure that karaoke was set up nicely. We were doing karaoke outside since my backyard is big and it has a little stage. 

     It was now seven-thirty and guests had started to arrive. I saw my Boy Squad baes. I just call them that so don't think I like them. I got Sean, my only boy. I see my best friend, Lily (Ayeits_Zizi). She had spent a whole year in around the world, studying dance. She looked so different from when she left. At first she had medium length black hair and now it's super long and layered. She had also gotten taller and her glasses were gone too. 

"LILY!" I tackled her in a hug. 

"ALEX!" She hugged back. I missed her so much. 

"When did you get back?" I looked at her cheerfully.