Chapter 6

It has been a while since we came here and I am enjoying it. Temari and I are best friends and Kankuro is like my other brother. Gaara has been difficult but I think he is warming up to me.

My time spent with him would be me staying up until like three in the morning doing errands for him, passing out, him carrying me to bed, I wake up, and it all starts again. I think I'm liking this a little much though.

I smile at the thought and wait for another errand from Gaara. This can be so boring. He stood up without a word but motioned for me to follow. We walked into a huge library where he preceded to look at books until he finally found one.

I sat next to him on the couch and sighed. I don't feel like reading right now. I inched closer to Gaara and started playing with his shaggy hair. I ran my hands through it and smiled as he did the same. I never really seen him smile before, it looks good I think he should wear that look more often. He turns a little and slouches so that he could lay his back against my chest.

I played with his hair a little more and I couldn't help but laugh as his head slowly bobbed up and down. He's tried, anyone with no brain could tell and yet he still remains awake. Finally he gives up the fight and allows the sleep to overthrow his body. I can't help but fall asleep to, with him in my arms.

I squint my eyes open to see Gaara. I was in his lap, curled up in a tight comfortable ball that I normally slept in. He was reading and I was suprised to see what he had chosen. It was one out of the many in the collection but it was about my clan.

I yawned and stretched my arms as I sat up and looked sleepily at him. I guess being around him isn't that hard anymore but I just can't say his name. He looks at me and then wordlessly at his book. Man, I wish he would just talk for once without orders. I looked around and smiled before jumping off his lap. I started looking at the different titles he had and when I turned around I saw he was back in his study. I walked over to him and smiled.

I was about to speak but he sat up and walked towards the door motioning for me to follow. We walked through Suna towards a tore down area where people were busy working on the contruction. I waved at Naruto and when he saw me he dropped everything and ran over.

"Ahari!"

"Naruto!"

We hugged and I smiled at him. He had multiple bruises and cuts on his body. Sweat decorated his forhead and he seemed exahusted.

"How's work?"

He just shrugged and looked around. I bet he is wondering where Sai is at the moment. I scanned the croud of busy men and found the black haired, pale faced person we all know so well.

"Sai!"

He looked up as I waved him over. Gaara seemed busy looking around. I bet he is checking out construction, or just wanting a break but I don't see why he wanted me to come. I got a sudden sick feeling over my body but I shook it away only causing myself to get dizzy. I felt my forhead for a second and I could feel the agarvated emotion come to me. Why now, on a mission do I need to get a fever?

"Hello Naruto, Ahari."

I bowed my head a little and a little while later Gaara dragged me back to his room where he sat down and continued working on paper work. Over the past few weeks I have been making great friends with important people such as Kages and Jonins like Kakashi Hatake and Kurenai Yuhi. Stood in the corner of the room and waited for him to direct me into doing something. It was only eight in the morning so I am guessing he is going to ask alot of me still.

I felt my legs go wobbly and I silently prayed that my fever wouldn't hinder anything. I guess I have been pushing myself to hard if my body is getting sick from it. I collapsed on the ground but was cought by Gaara's sand before I hit the floor. I guess this is normal for him now but usually not this early. We rushed over to my shaking body and I felt his warm soft hand on my forhead.