Prologue

"Come on, let's get out of here." I yelled at Brad.

             We took off running as fast as we could. I could hear the sirens getting closer. Brad yelled at me to go to the lot about 2 blocks down where we had parked the car. I was almost there when I heard the sirens right behind me. When I heard a car door shut I knew I was caught. The cop yelled for me to stop, I kept running knowing I couldn't out run him.

             When I finally made it to the lot, I was shocked to find the car was gone. Brad had said that he was going all the way around the square which was about 4 blocks compared to my 2 blocks. Brad's place was another 6 blocks away.

             By now the cops had me surrounded with their guns pointed at me. I froze instantly and put my hands up. Right as I thought they had me, Brad showed up in his car and told me to jump in. When I got in the car the cops started shooting at us as we drove away. They were yelling at us to stop and pull over. Brad kept driving.

           "Man slow down your gonna kill someone, Brad." I yelled at him.

           "Calm down, Travis, and quit yellin' at me I know what I'm doing and if you gotta problem with how fast I'm drivin' then you can get out of the dang car." He yelled back at me.

         "No I'll stay I'm just scared that's all." I said calmer this time.

         "I know you are man I am too but you gotta calm down ok, Travis." He said.

        "Ok, Brad, I'll calm down." I promised.

        "Thanks, Travis." He said back.

       "Where are we going?" I asked.

       "I dunno." He answered.

         The cops were still following us and telling us to stop and pull over the sirens were still going. We knew we couldn't keep this up but we couldn't stop. We couldn't get arrested because we were already on parole for shoplifting. If we got in trouble again we were going to jail for a while. When we were almost to Brad's place about 2 or 3 cop cars pulled out right in front of us. We had no other choice but to stop now cause' there were no alleys or side roads nearby. We were trapped.