friendship: part 2

I had multiple ways running through my mind and I zoned out the whole of last lesson.

I left and started my walk home. On my way I noticed an  alley which meant I'd hopefully be home quicker. I was walking down an alley when I noticed some guys at the other end. I recognised them as my classmates and I walked slower. I pulled my hoodie over my head, putting my head down and zipping up my hoodie slowly. By the time I got to the end, I saw some feet right beneath me.

"Where are you going?""Who are you?""what do you want?"

They all asked different questions at the same time.

"I just wonna get pass you mate." I said disguising my voice.

"Nah, I don't think so!" One hissed, With venom in every word. My body frose, I couldn't move, speak or do anything. I just let them beat the shit out of me, a punch on my left eye, then my right and then a cracking sound as someone hit my nose. Last but not least a kick right to my dick....

I don't know how long I was crawled up in a ball in the dark alley but it was getting black here and I could barely see.

"Josh!......Josh is that you?" A familiar voice shouted.

"H-help!" I tried to shout but it just came out as a whisper.

I saw a bright light heading towards me and I heard footsteps getting closer.

"Omg josh! Are you alright..........I'm gonna call an ambulance don't move!?" Jess said.

Jess's pov

I walked out of my least favourite lesson:science. When my phone vibrated

Text message from bae: meet at 4 your place xx

Message back: sure xx

I put my phone back in my pocket and walked home.
*
*
3:30 hum half an hour till he arrives. I went upstairs and got changed into a red dress with red heels and red makeup. My alarm clock read 4:00.

I'm gonna go down he'll be here any minute,I thought to myself. I walked down stairs and soon it was 4:30. My phone went off.

I grabbed my phone from the side, hoping it was bae that texted me.

3 messages

Josh mum: I'm sorry to bother you but have you seen josh anywhere. He was suppose to be home at 3.15 the usual but he's really late and I'm scared.

Josh mum: hi sweetie I was wondering if you can come round and do a search party as I can't find josh.

2nd message

Bae: hey beautiful sorry I can't make it. I ran in to a old friend and I have some business to sought out love you xx

I read the messages and I was scared. Where's josh he's never late home?. When he's goes round a friends he always tells his mum. What business has my boy friend got? Could he have beet up another Lil kid? Could he have beaten up josh?

I ran up stairs and got changed into joggers and a tank top and jacket and trainers. I grabbed a torch and my phone and pit them in my pocket. I grabbed pen and paper and wrote a note to my mum.

I ran to josh house which was only around the corner. I burged in and saw my mum and josh mum sitting on the stairs. Josh mum was crying and she never cries. Her hair was a mess just like her makeup and her work clothes were scruffy. She can't hold it in she gets stressed a lot and is a beet emotional, scratch that a lot emotional.

"Where's josh?" I ask my mum.

"He hasn't returned home yet." My mum replies quietly.

"I'll go searching, text me if he comes home." After I said that I immediately ran out the door and searched everywhere. What I love him ok. He's like a brother, use to be more, well kind of is.

I went to the school and asked if he had been here and they said no. I went to his friends houses which wasn't many and they all said they hadn't seen him.

6:00 my phone read.

It was getting dark and I was loosing hope. I texted bae to ask if he had seen josh and he said no.

Jogging down the sideway I noticed an ally way. I decided to go down hoping it was a quicker way back. I got a little in and I turned on my torch, I suddenly noticed someone crawled up and crying. Josh?

"Josh?.......Josh is that you?" I shouted.

"H-help" my josh answered. From then on it was pretty blurry but he passed out. I called the ambulance and went with him.

1 hour later

I was sitting in the waiting room waiting for my mum and josh mum to get here . If not than at least some news.

A doctor walked out of his room just when my mum and his mum came in.

"Jess right?" The doctor asked. I nodded my head.

"And family. Josh has had a major of hits, we can tell that he was unconscious for 2hrs and then woke up then was conscious again for 3 hrs. He has severely damaged his......uh man parts and a injury to his brain which led to him being unconscious. He has a broken nose and rib. But other then that He is currently asleep and will wake up at any time. You can go and see him now." The doctor says.

I immediately run into the room and notice he is looking better than when I saw him. His nose is slightly crooked but other than that he is still my josh.

I go and sit next to him in the old looking green chair. I grab his hand and rub it soothingly.

His mum walks in and sits on another chair next to him.

"My baby boy. Who did this to you?........... I'm so glad your safe now." Emily his mum says. Awkward silence after that.
*
*
" Josh I'm so happy your ok now. I will do everything I can to find out who did this. Pls wake up." I say, tears threatening to come out of my eyes.

I put my head on the bed ready to fall asleep. I feel someone squeeze my hand and it's. .............

"Jess, mum, Mrs.meadows." Josh whispers croaking. I quickly go and grab a cup off water that was left on the side.

I help him drink the water slowly, still holding his hand..... and I eventually put the cup down realising he has had enough.

"Mum, and Mrs.meadows can you leave me alone with jess for a bit?"Josh asks.

"Sure sweetie. Come on Rose you can help me get some clothes and food for my son and we can talk about....." Josh mum's words get muffled as she walks out the door.

"Jess I need your help." Uhm I wonder.

"What do you need my help with?" I say assuring.

"I.......I. ....uh.....I want to change! I want to be a cooler person! I don't want to be taken the mickey out of, I want to have more than one friend! I don't want t-to g-get beaten up......" Josh said bursting into tears.

" it's OK! I can help.....how about we start by changing your look......ooh we can go shopping.....huh I can teach you how to act like a dude and go to the gym..... you can take iff a couple of months and by the time I'm done you'll be going back as a cooler person. No one will recognise you and e-every girl will fall in l-love with you." I said stuttering but hopefully helping.

"Thank you! Can we start in a couple off days and can you please ask my mum if we can do this?" He asks sweetly.

"Sure why not?" I say not sure if we can do this.......