Chapter 3: Macroons

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

The next day after school, the trio were supposed to walk home together as usual, but Takeo seemed to have other plans for them. The muscular teen took out a pink colored IPhone from his pocket. He seemed to be excited about something as his eyes were showing a definite sparkle.

Sunakawa glanced at Takeo curiously. "What's with the smart phone? Isn't that Setsuna's?" He asked. Takeo shook his head. "The girl from yesterday forgot it at my place. I'm going to return it to her now." He said.

"It looks like mine!" Setsuna dug her phone out of her school bag. It was true. The two phones had the exact same brand and color. The only difference was that Setsuna's phone had a "Daddy Bear" cover.

"Oh..." Sunakawa looked like he didn't want to get involved, but Takeo dragged him there, thinking that the girl, Yamato liked Suna. And Setsuna didn't miss the chance to meet the girl who made them that delicious cheesecake.

The three arrived at Shisuda Park and spotted Yamato standing next to the fountain. The strawberry blond girl ran up to them and started bowing. "I'm sorry for the trouble. Thank you so much."

"There's no need to be so polite. We're the same year, aren't we?" Takeo waved his hand before handing the phone to Yamato. "Both high school first-years?" He asked.

"Right." Yamato nodded with a nervous smile.

"Eh? Ehhhh?! You're a high student?!" Setsuna couldn't grasp the fact that the short and child-like girl in front of her was as old as they were.

"Y-yeah.." Yamato nodded.

"You look like a middle-schooler!" Setsuna brought her hand to cover her parted lips.

"You'll have to excuse Setsuna, she says the first thing that pops into her head." Sunakawa apologized.

"N-no! It's fine." Yamato began waving her hand to show that it was okay. "Um, here!" She said before taking out a little pink bag. "It's to thank you this time. If you'd like, we can find a seat and eat her." She said.

In the end, the four of them sat down on a nearby bench, but the had to squeeze against each other since Takeo occupied a large space. Yamato sat between Takeo and Sunakawa who was next to Setsuna.

"What's this amazing deliciousness?" Takeo yelled as he ate his first Macroon. What kind of food is this?!"

"Macroons." Yamato said with her usual cute smile.

"Macroons are delicious!" Takeo yelled as he ate another one.

"They taste so good~!" Setsuna shed happy tears, stuffing her cheeks with the Macroons. She looked kind of like a squirrel.

"I'm glad. Actually, I baked these. The cake last time, too." She stated, a smile never leaving her lips.

"They're home-baked?!" Takeo and Setsuna gasped in both shock and amazement. Sunakawa had a drop of sweat on his cheek. "You mean home-made."

Yamato brought her fingers to scratch her red cheek. "I'm goodat baking, I guess." Takeo couldn't seem to get his eyes off of the short girl. He even got up from his seat and sat in front of her, closing the distance between them.

Sunakawa sighed. "Stop staring. You're invading her personal space." He crossed his arms but flinched when he felt Setsuna resting her head on his shoulder. "What's wrong?" Suna asked softly.

Setsuna let out a yawn as she began rubbing her eyes. "Now that I'm full, I feel really sleepy." She tiredly said. "Are you a kid?" He deadpanned. A smile appeared on Sunakawa's lips before he turned to see that Takeo left for the bathroom.

Setsuna was in deep slumber, but she did wake up when she she heard Yamato's relatively loud voice. "You're head's soaking wet! I have a towe!" Setsuna's eyes fluttered open and she saw Takeo wet from head till the shoulders. The brown haired girl attempted to get back to sleep, but couldn't because Sunakawa got up, so she had nothing to lean against anymore. She wasn't about to give up on her precious sleep, so she laid back on the bench. Setsuna ears perked when she heard Takeo asking Yamato to make them another cake.

"The next one I'm good at would be Sachertorte." Yamato excitedly said. 'Sacher-what?' Setsuna tilted her head to the side.

"What do you think? Do you like Sachertorte?"

"Sure, I love Sachertote." Takeo said seriously, but he didn't even know what it was.

"Dude, you totally faked knowing what it even is." Sunakawa deadpanned.

After that, the four of them decided that it was getting late and decided to part ways with the shorter girl.

"Okay, next time, Sachertorte! See you later!" Yamato waved her hand at them as she walked away.

"Bye, bye, Yamato-chan!" Setsuna waved her hand, as well.

Setsuna, Makoto and Takeo then began walking away, too. "She told me that when she bakes, she doesn't use a hand mixer." Sunakawa said, referring to Yamato. "She likes going through the extra trouble and seeing it all come together."

"I see... That's unusual." Takeo and Setsuna weirdly eyed Suna.

"She's..." Suna paused, a smile on his lips. "Kind of nice."

Setsuna and Takeo stood frozen in place after they heard the usually stoic Makoto, who always rejected girls coldly, say something nice about a girl they met. Setsuna was gasping loudly when she heard Yamato's viice again. She wondered where was the source of the voice, but she realized that the strawberry blond was standing behind her giant of a friend.

Yamato was breathing heavily and her face was really sweaty, an indication that she was running. "Thank god... I made it back in... time." The shortie said between heavy breaths.

"Yamato-chan, what's wrong?!" Setsuna seemed to genuinely freak out.

"Yo...Your e-mail... I don't know your email. I need it to contact you, so... Please tell me your e-mail!"

Takeo was silent for a while, but then took out a white washcloth and handed it to the sweaty Yamato. He then took out his student planner and wrote his email on it. "Here's my e-mail."

"Thank you." Yamato gratefully smiled as she hugged the washcloth and the paper that had Takeo's email closer to her.

'She must really like Mako-chan..' The green eyed female smiled down at the smiling, cute girl.

So how do you guys like the new chapter?