Chapter 1: A new beginning

My friend Sam and I just moved to this place called South Park, You see me and Sam are best friends and when her mother had to move down to florida for her job Sam decided to stay with me my father was fine with it and her mother said it was ok as long as she called everyday and video chatted once in awhile. My father is a policeman and is transferred alot but starting today he is now the new sheriff of South Park and me and Sammy have come to realize that this will be our new home for a really long time which we aren't really used to we are used to moving every year or so and it's ok since we were home schooled but my mom passed away from cancer three months ago and i haven't talked to anyone but Sam and my Dad anyone else and i just couldn't speak i was mute. My name is Sai i'm 13 years old along with my best friend Sam (I call her Sammy alot ) we've been best friends since we were little, our families lived really close to each other so she was the only one i had to play with since we lived really far away, I went to school but in the 3rd grade i was moved to homeschooling since we moved way too much to be attending school but i learned the same things that everyone else was since my mother was going to be a teacher till she was diagnosed with cancer... Around the 5th grade is when my best friend moved in with us, she never really knew her father since he died when she was only a baby, and then we moved here a couple months after my mother's death so she was buried back in our old town Witherberry (Made up place) it's not that far away from here maybe a four hour drive but it still seems so far away we left my mother's resting place, The forest by our house, and our tree house that me, Sam and a girl from the neighbor named Anne built, She moved here four weeks before we did so we had no clue we would be seeing her again. Sam couldn't wait but i was still feeling like i was about to be sick knowing that we would be leaving my mother here, even if she's dead it still hurt, and i'm still not over her death. Anyway we arrived to our new house it's big but small a little roomy but i like it me and Sam got our own rooms side by side, Dad got a room on the other end of the hall, we all got our own bathroom, the kitchen was a decent size, My dad took us to see our new school South Park middle school, We were told where our bus stop was and that we would wait with other people in fact guys so we should be safe waiting out there while my dad goes to work. The principal asked us questions and i wrote my answers on a white board he frowned at this now knowing i was a mute. But he said everything would be fine i just would have to carry a whiteboard or something around with me so i could communicate with teachers and Sam told him that she could help since for some reason i can talk to her he gave me my schedule and told us everything was the same we smiled and Sam and my Dad thanked him i simply nodded and forced a smile once we got out of the office i let my smile drop and sighed. "Mr.Dragneel do we really have to go to school?" asked Sam in a complaining voice i mean she's gone to school longer than i have and she says it's a living hell since the teachers will call on you even when you don't know what you're supposed to be doing, and that kids laugh at new kids and things and honestly it all scares me and i'm mute so i am obviously an easy target to some people i guess that's why i had to learn self defense. But i don't wanna get in trouble for beating someone up because they were bullying me or something. Ugh this is all just so troubling! i threw my head back on the seat of the truck and sighed Sam told me not to do that or i could knock myself out i smiled and threw my head forward and back really hard and hit my head i held the back in pain and she laughed and told me "I told you so" and We went home.