Chapter Duo <3

Chapter Three

I woke up screaming. Sweat covered my entire body.  Chloe came over and sat next to me. She hugged me and rubbed my back. I cried softly into her shoulder, remembering when I did this early this morning with Mia.

"I've got to get you some new clothes" she said softly, "I'll be back."

"Please don't leave me for long" I said softly while wiping my eyes.

"I'll only be a minute, I'm going to tell the nurse your awake now" she said and exited the door.

I laid back down on the bed, closed my eyes and tried to figure things out. I could hear Chloe's voices in the background, then it got louder and louder until there was screaming and the sound of things smashing around. I tried to get up to see wat happened but I was too tired. I heard crows and my heart started racing, it wasn't supposed to happen here! All of a sudden I heard a desperate sounding Chloe and a muffling, followed by a huge intake of breath. I struggled up only to find Chloe, barely awake in my brothers arm, her eyelids were drooping heavily. She was slowly fading away into a deep sleep.  

"Y-your kidnapping her!" I accused him, my voice shaking with fear and confusion.

Her head lolled to the side. Her hair falling into her closed eyes.

He smirked and rubbed her hair away, "She's pretty cute" he said as I screamed out loud, running to her and ignoring the pain that was attacking me. 

He sent a gust of wind that knocked me down. He shot wind up and it pushed a hole out of the ceiling, he jumped out of it and soared away. I screamed at him as tears threatened to fall. A crow flew down from the hole and handed me a note. I was about to open it when Mia and my many other friends rushed in. I took a hold of it and hid it behind my back. They spread out into the office seeing nurses scattered. I looked terrified. My usual pale face white completely white. My eyes were a dark color and I was too shocked to speak. Mia came to my side. I looked up at her cold eyes, and pain stricken face. I knew I should tell her about Chloe, but it was too hard.

"What happened" Mia choked out.

"Chloe's gone" I said as a tear rolled down my cheek, "It's my fault too."

Her face was pained, mixed with confusion, and sorrow, "Let's go up to chat" she said, "So we have privacy"

She took my hand and we walked up the stairs. Once we were there we sat on the beds. But as we sat there on the beds in uncomfortable silence we decided that until we were ready, the T.V would settle the tension in the air. We browsed the channels and chose to watch the school news.

"One of our students has been kidnapped by an unknown person. Anyone who knows this information is asked to come forth. That's all for now. My names Cindy Bar-" she changed the channel in frustration.

I slowly walked to the washroom taking out the note.

"You can't keep what you saw a secret you know Alex. Your going to have to talk to the police soon. But if you don't want to tell them you can confide in me and I can let them know" she said sniffling. It hurt me to not tell her, but I wasn't ready to let my problems run free around the school.

I closed the door and sat down leaning on it. Opening it slowly and intensely I opened the note but when I looked nothing appeared. It was all blank, like a fresh piece of paper. I threw it in the garbage and started to open the door totally confused as words seeped onto the page. "Meet...... me............. at the Fountains .... of Glory, ... in the Rose ......... Garden .......……… if you want to ...... see your ......... friend ..........…............ alive" It read. I gasped stepping backwards and slipped on the towel banging my head on the sink I fell to the ground. Footsteps rushed banging the door.