Chapter 1

I walked along the roofs of Death City in the dead of the night. I pulled my headphones from around my neck and placed them on my head. I looked at my phone in my hoodie pocket. It said 'Uncle John's Band' by Grateful Dead. I smiled. One of my favorite songs.

I closed my eyes and sung softly, which wasn't a good idea. I tripped over my own feet and began to fall off the roof. I felt a hand grab mine and pull me back up to the roof. Once I was back steadily on the roof I looked at the person who had saved me. It was a guy.

He had white hair and crimson red eyes, with creme colored skin. He wore a headband that said 'Soul' and had a symbol on it that said 'E. A. T.' He wore a black and yellow jacket, some-shade-of-red pants and tennis shoes. I shook myself of my thoughts.

"Thanks..."

"Tch. No problem. Why are you on the roof anyway?"

"I can ask you the same thing."

"Uncool. Well I was just walking home. And you?"

"Pretty much the same thing."

"Alright....well, I'll be going. You go to the DWMA?"

"Yeah."

"Then see ya there." He grinned a sharp-toothed grin and walked away. He was...odd. And he went to the DWMA? I wonder if he's a weapon or a meister...

I continued walking on the roof, jumping down once I reached an alley. I walked into the alley, sitting down on the cold cement. I leaned my head against the brick building behind me, closing my eyes. I wasn't about to sleep though...

*time skip to morning*

I sat up, the bright sun shining into the alley. I found it odd how the sun had a face...and was always laughing...What kind of sun is it? I shrugged it off and slowly stood up from the alley floor, walking towards the DWMA.

Yeah, I was the new kid.

I held a notebook close to my chest, as I had my headphones plugged up to my iPhone, this time blasting 'Disenchanted' by My Chemical Romance. Oh I could wish for nothing more.

I eventually made it to the academy. Suddenly the ground became very interesting...

Would anyone talk to me?

I hope not.

Let's get one thing straight. I hate people. I'm oh so introverted. Really, the only person I could stand was Tony T. He owned the local music shop down the street, he as practically like a father to me. He cared for me. He did the one thing I thought no one could do.

Would people make fun of me?

I have purple hair for crying out loud.