Chapter sixteen: Jimmy Kiddell

"Anny?" he asked as he saw Anny.

"Y-yeah... h-how are you?" Anny asked her brother's best friend.

"You know each other. Great." Tonks grinned in a whisper, which turned out that Anny and Jimmy had both heard.

"I'm... good. How are you? How's Matthew?" he asked.

And Anny swallowed.

"Matt's dead."

"Oh." he said and Anny could almost see his brains working.

"But you two should come in, you shouldn't be seen." he said quickly as he motioned them to go inside.

Anny stepped into his house and Tonks followed.

There were two rooms, one of which Anny assumed was his bedroom and the one that they stood in, with bookshelves filled with either wands, books and Wizarding picture frames.

"So you... Matthew's never told me you were a Wizard as well." Anny said, as she suddenly remembered how few Matthew had actually ever told her.

"He said he though he was the only wizard in the family, so that's one thing that we now know about each other. Anyway, you've come for something, right?" he asked Anny.

"Yes. You're the only known Wandmaker in the area. We wanted to ask if you could do us a favour..." Tonks began.

"Obviously." He smiled.

And Tonks grinned awkwardly.

"As you can see, i'm painfully limited here. In my old shop in Diagon Alley I had thousands of wands... but we'll see." He smiled.

Painfully limited?

These were at least three-hundred wands!

And it stayed silent as Jimmy searched through wands.

"So, how have you decided that you'd be Wandmaker?" Anny asked casually.

"T'was from my dad, he wanted to keep the shop, even though Ollivanders was doing much, much better. What core did you have before?" he asked as he flicked his own wand and just like at Ollivanders, a measuring tape started measuring Anny.

"Dragon heartstring. And you've deserted the shop. How come?" Anny asked.

"They were in Diagon Alley, I've gone of with some of the most important possessions of the shop. I was also wondering, how've you guys found this? It's supposed to be secret." he asked as he finally seemed to have a few different boxes of wands with him.

"Dumbledore. He seems to know everything. But I suggest you'd also put a few extra protective enchantments over it." Tonks said.

Jimmy handed Anny a first wand, which he then decided wasn't the right one and got it back.

"What's happened to your first wand, actually?" he asked.

"Taken by Lestrange." Anny said simply as she accepted the second wand, of which it went the same as her first ever wand.

This one felt warm in her hand, and it seemed as though Jimmy was happy about it as well.

"That's the one. Dragon Heartstring again, eleven and a half inches, Dogwood, Pliant Flexibility... which means, in perfect order, that you've got a powerful, fast-learning and playful wand, which is perfect with a great variety of spells. It works great with a clever Wizard or in this case, Witch. Oh, and it won't perform the best non-verbal magic." Jimmy explained.

"Seems to fit with her personality." Tonks laughed.

"Thanks Jimmy. How much d'you want for it?"