A New Life (Chap. 24) (a witch love story)

~~~Daren's P.O.V.~~~

When I woke up, I heard the faint sound of a shutting door. I rolled over and reached out to take Kates in my arms only to feel warm sheets. My eyes snapped open and I saw something pale in her pillow. U flicked on the bedside light and saw Daren written in an elegant script on the front, Katheren's writing.

I ripped open the envelope and my eyes flew frantically across the page.

Dearest Daren,

I notice that this is sudden. More than anything, I want you to know that I love you with all that I have.

I have found the warlock. It was Sara. Please forgive me. I have to protect the ones I love. Please don't try to find me; I have to do this alone.

With all of my love,

Katheren

My hand was shaking so much that it was more difficult than it should have been to read the tear-streaked letter. I couldn't let this happen, I couldn't lose her. I jumped out of bed and almost ran out of the house in only my pajamas, but I quickly threw on some shoes and a jacket and ran out the door.

Shit! I had no clue where I was going. But I felt something, a tugging in my chest, and I followed that, praying that I wasn't too late.

I heard a faint scream and I started to sprint. A minute later, I heard a scream of pure agony that was only yards away. I sprinted faster than I ever had in my life, I couldn't be too late, I just couldn't.

Then I saw it, Katheren was sitting in the middle of flames as they began to consume the bindings around her. I saw a tall, dark brown haired girl laughing hysterically like this was the funniest thing that she had ever seen. She turned slightly and I could see her face, Sara, that bitch! No! "Vent!" I shouted, sending the strongest blast of air I was able along with my silent denial.

The fire was put out immediately and Sara was flung into a tree with a loud, sickening crack. "Version," I yelled and trees fell from Katheren and she clasped into the dirt. "No," I whimpered, Please, please, don't be dead.

I ran over to her and held her warm body in my arms. The fire hadn't reached her yet so, thankfully, she wasn't that badly burned.

"Daren?"

"Shhh, I am here now, you are safe."

"Daren?" she said, fully aware now. "Y-you can't be here, you should be safe at my house. I have to be either unconscious from all of the pain or I fell asleep and never came here or-" She broke off suddenly and tackled me to the ground. The bush behind us exploded.

"Well I just hate to ruin this lovely conversation, but I do believe that me and little Katheren over here has something to finish with me," Sara sneered, already recovered from the concussion that I had given her.

"No," I shouted and stood up placing myself firmly between the two girls.

She suddenly scowled at Katheren who was attempting to get to her feet. "You've altered him too much witch, he is useless to me now. I will have to find myself a new play toy. But on the bright side, you have someone to accompany you in hell." Then she flicked her fingers and we were both paralyzed, defenseless. Sara walked slowly around our frozen forms. "Since you have ruined him bitch, so I will kill him first and me you watch until you are just begging my to end it, then I will but you in about three times as much pain as your little hero here, until you are just begging me to kill you, then I plan on dragging it out a bit..."

She raised her hand then went flying before she could finish her spell; she flew across the woods until her smacked into a tree again. Katheren stepped in front of me; her aura was whipping around her in wild inferno. Her sky blue aura making her look like an avenging angle. She raised her hand and Sara was lifted at the same time, Katheren flung her back down to the ground again harder this time.

Sara yelled something in warlock tongue and a bolt of mud colored lighting flew at us, I tried to get Katheren out of the way, but I was still paralyzed by Sara's black magic.

She didn't need saving though, she held out her hand causally and the lightning fluttered around it harmlessly. "Come on, can't a warlock put up more of a fight then that?" Katheren said but her voice was off, it sounded too ancient, and like many people were saying the same thing with her. "You can try all you want with me, but the second that you put someone I love in danger, I won't hold back, I will kill you."

"You-"

"I can't what?" Katheren laughed humorlessly, "Stop you? I will do more than that, I will make you suffer, beg for me to just end." It sounded wrong hearing her rephrase a warlock's earlier words. "Je vous d'en souffrir dans l'ensemble de la douleur qui vous avez infligé banner," she yelled. I banish you to suffer in all the pain that you have inflicted.

Katheren threw her hands out towards Sara and her aura started to flow off of her arms and surround the warlock. Sara screamed and started to writher in pain then there was a bright flash and she was gone.

My paralysis wore off and I fell to the ground. Katheren's aura faded and she fell backwards towards me. I caught her before she hit the ground.

"I love you so much you crazy witch, I can't ever live without you, never scare me like that again, never leave my side again," I told her crushing her shaking body to mine.

"I love too Daren, so much, I will never leave you again, I promise. You will have me as long as you want me."

"Forever won't even be long enough for me to stop wanting you."

"Good," She said, then fainted from overusing her aura.

{Author's Note: I hope it was as good as you hoped it would be. I didn't expect this to be so hard to write, I could see it playing my head, I just couldn't discribe it as well as I would have liked to. One more chapter left! If you want a sequel when I am done with the next chapter, tell me. I will do my hbest, but I do plan on working more with my other stories...

-Katie}