Sleepy Faces

The morning was spent silently deliberating what I should do.

Sure, Niall gave a good argument, and yeah I saw myself swaying a bit more towards Harry but really it wasn't something I could just switch off, the over analyzing that is.

It has always been my biggest fear that I would misstep somewhere in his upbringing and I wanted to make sure that this decision wasn't the very thing I feared.

Niall must have understood that I had a lot on my mind and that no amount of his good advice was going to chance the fact that I needed to come to a decision on my own.

We sat in the kitchen, both silently chewing on the donuts he had brought with him and sipping on the tea Niall had been kind enough to make.

It was a little over an hour later that Harry ambled into the kitchen, still shirtless with his red plaid pajama pants slug dangerously low. Niall sent me a knowing smirk as my eyes glued onto the taut skin above the waistband of his sweats Harry casually scratched at with one hand. The other arm was securely holding a grinning Jamie to his side as my son's big eyes searched the room for me.

I instantly pulled my eyes up to him once I heard his giggling.

"G'morning." Harry's deep, sleepy voice rang out as he walked up to the table and gently handed my son over to me before placing a quick kiss to the top of his head. "He is a very happy baby."

"Thank you." I said trying my hardest to keep my eyes glued on Jamie and not on Harry's exposed torso. "I'm sorry you had to get up last night. You should have woken me up. I would have taken him. I can't imagine your neck is feeling too great."

As if remembering the ach in his neck at my words, Harry rolled his head from side to side before looking over at me again. "Maybe you can rub the kinks out for me later." He said with a cheeky wink.

I rolled my eyes at him, ignoring Niall who nearly choked on his tea as he tried to hide his laughter.

"Fat chance." I said pushing out of my seat. "I'm going to get us dressed for the day. I'll see you boys later."

I could tell even as I made my way silently past him that Harry wanted to say more to me.

He looked like he wanted nothing more than to reach out to me and stop me from leaving the kitchen, and his sight, but we both knew that we couldn't talk about anything with Niall sitting at the table avidly watching our every move.

Even though he knew what was going on, there was still a bit of privacy it appeared both Harry and I agreed on, which is why even though he looked like he wanted me to stay he allowed me to walk out of the kitchen as he began to small talk with his friend.

And so our day went on much like that.

It seemed that noon was a much more agreeable time for the other members of One Direction to make their appearance in Harry's home. I could hear them from the kitchen as I made myself a salad for lunch, discussing song ideas and humming out melodies as they appeared to be writing a song.

According to Louis and one of our short conversations, the boys were trying to be a bit more hands on with this new album they were recording doing a lot more writing then on any of their previous albums.

From the few lyric ideas I had heard so far, I was sincerely hoping they would have major help because I don't know how well a song about 'biscuits', courtesy of one Zayn Malik, was going to go.

And every time I would walk by Harry's eyes zeroed in on me longingly. I knew he wanted to speak to me but business, and his friends cackling, was getting in the way.