Kiss It Better - Chris Kendall (Part 1)

The weather was perfect that Saturday. I woke up in a good mood, mostly because I was going to spend the whole weekend with Chris. We didn't get the chance to spend much time together these past few weeks. But we tried our best to keep in touch any chance we got, like late night phone calls and short lunch dates. As much as I love spending time with him, life could get pretty hectic sometimes.

I decided to wear my favourite white shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans. I put on some light make up so my face looked fresh. I chuckled at myself when I saw the time on my phone. I was a little too excited that by the time I finished getting ready, it was only 10 am.

Instead of waiting for Chris to pick me up before lunch, I decided that I'll just go and meet him at his flat. I took a cab and texted Chris to let him know. The traffic was clear so I got there pretty fast.

I practically bounced on my legs when I entered his flat. He was sitting on the sofa with his eyes closed. He smiled and said hey when he heard me entered the room but didn't open his eyes. I plopped myself beside him and gave him a side hug. He instantly wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Did you just wake up?" I asked him. He sat up straight and scratched his forehead. "No, I actually haven't slept last night. Well, I did, for like, 2 hours or so."

I suddenly felt like a bad girlfriend. I knew Chris had been pushing himself so hard on his work lately, and I wasn't there for him when he was stressed out. I hugged him and gave him a small peck. "Oh dear, you still have trouble sleeping at night?" He just shrugged then rested his head on the crook of my neck. "I'm alright though, I just miss you a lot, I guess. Are we still going to the café for lunch? Or do you want to go somewhere new?" he asked.

I couldn't make him go out like this, he probably would pass out on the restaurant or park bench. "I just want to stay here," I stated. "You must be really tired, sleep deprived an all. Let's just order something for lunch here, yeah?"

"But I promised to take you out on a date today. I'm fine, really. I'll just take a quick shower then we can go, okay?" Before I said anything, he went off to the bathroom. I sighed, I wouldn't go anywhere before making sure he's really okay.

When he came back to the lounge, I was sprawled on the carpet, with pillows and blanket all around me, absentmindedly flipping through the channel on TV. He chuckled and kneeled beside me. "Are you having a sleepover party or what? You look comfortable there," he took my hand and pulled me to stand up, "But we have a date to go to."

I tried my best not to budge from my position. "Nooo, I'm already so comfy, I don't want to get up," I whined. He sighed and sat beside me, "You don't want to go because I said I haven't slept properly, right?" I kissed his cheek, "I just want to spend time with you, and I could hug and kiss you senseless if we stay here. I couldn't do that if we go outside." I batted my eyelashes and he smiled. "Well, if you put it that way, then maybe I'll just lock you up in my room every weekend."

I laughed and pulled him down to lie beside me, his arms immediately sneaked around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I brushed his fringe off of his forehead then I gasped when I saw a bruise there. "Chris! What happened? You never told me about this," I scowled. He smiled weakly, "I'm fine babe, I fell asleep when I was sitting on my work desk so I knocked my head. Nothing serious though."

Whatever he said wouldn't stop me from worrying. So he reassured me several times saying that he already got it checked and it was not a big injury. I hold him tightly and tucked my head under his chin. I asked him about his days, then he continued telling me how he has been sleep deprived at night and how he felt that he wasn't good enough at everything. Gone is the chirpy, cheerful, joker Chris. At that moment he looked so vulnerable, and the look on his face made my heart ached.

I had enough when he said that he wasn't sure if he's good enough for me. I pulled him to stand up and hugged as tight as I could. "Chris, I don't want to hear you say that you're not good enough for me, ever, ever again, okay? You're everything I wanted as a boyfriend, you always tried your best and I don't care if you're good enough for the world or not, I know you'll always be the best for me." I looked at him straight in the eye and he seemed to doubt what I said.

I tiptoed and kissed him fiercely, trying to pour everything I felt for him in that kiss. He seemed startled at first, but quickly responded with as much passion. When we pulled away, he looked a bit shocked and then he chuckled. His face was already brighter than before, and I couldn't help but smiled back.

"You know, your kiss is magical to me," he brushed a strand of my hair, "I'm sorry I kind of break down earlier. I miss you so much, maybe I just need to be with you to assure me that everything's okay." He leaned in and kissed me again. He didn't broke the kiss as he walked to the couch and dropped himself on it, brought me down to sit on his lap.

We continued kissing and snuggled on the couch, talked and watched TV. We ended up called a pizza delivery for lunch and after we ate I cuddle him again, resting my head on his broad chest while his fingers brushing my hair. Eventually, he fell asleep and soon I follow after.

I woke up from my quick nap with my head on Chris' chest and half of my body on top of his. Slowly, I got up and sat beside him, taking a good look at his sweet face, as if I wanted to memorize every detail of him. I gently kissed his forehead, careful not to wake him up as I knew he needed much sleep. I could see that he was tired, more mentally than physically.

I went to the fridge to grab something to drink, and it seemed that my brain hadn't functioned properly since I woke up, because somehow I managed to spill a carton of orange juice on my jeans and a little on my shirt too, my freaking white shirt.

Groaning, I went to Chris' bedroom and took off my clothes, then rummaged through his closet to find something I could wear. I decided to borrow one of his hoodie, it fell perfectly on my mid thigh. With Chris being 6'2", most of his clothes were almost the same length as a mini dress.

It was still early in the evening but I decided to prepare some dinner. I could try to cook some proper meal for Chris, not some instant-microwaved food. I had nothing better to do anyway.

I was chopping some ingredients when I heard Chris entering the kitchen. He hugged my waist from behind and kissed the top of my head. "Are you going to cook dinner?" his voice muffled by my hair. "Yeah, let's just pray that I won't ended up burning your kitchen." He chuckled and spun me to face him, "Well, we wouldn't want that now, would we?"

I circled my arms around his neck and gave him a small peck. "You're feeling better now?" I asked, still slightly concerned. "Definitely much better after we cuddled to sleep," he smiled. "Thanks for sticking up with me when I feel like crap," he stared into my eyes and although he had done that a lot before, I still mesmerized by his eyes.

He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. The kiss was soft, slow, but felt so intense. His left arm hugged my waist tightly and his right hand cupped my cheek. My fingers tangled in his hair, made him deepen the kiss. I wasn't sure how long we kissed before we pulled away, gasping for air. Then we just stood there, grinning at each other like some lovesick puppies. The thought of chopping and cooking had evaporated away.

He suddenly chuckled, "You know, I actually wanted to help you when you struggled with the foods, but I kinda enjoy the view from the door." He walked back until he could leaned against the wall. "I never thought that hoodie could look so damn good," his eyes eyeing me up and down, then with a teasing tone, he continued, "Especially with no pants on."

And then he wink seductively.

Oh yeah, he definitely felt much better.