Shadamy | My Broken Heart

Amy sat down under the willow tree, her face in her hands, tears streaming out of her eyes. She couldn't help it. Seeing what she saw, how her boyfriend cheated on her wasn't something she could forget. To make matters worse, the day was beautiful, as if to say, We realize you're sad and lonely, but, we don't care! It was painful. The scene kept replaying in her head.

     She was just coming home early from work, to surprise her boyfriend for their one year anniversary when she walked in, and saw another girl on him. She knew who it was too, but who it was brought tears in her eyes. She thought they were friends, but apparently, they weren't. She made it very clear she was done with him when she screamed at him while he stared at her dazed before coming to his senses, but it was too late, she had already slammed the door and ran down stairs. So much for being fast and powerful.

     Just then, a silhouette of a person came by, and Amy stifled her sobs, not wanting anyone to notice she was there. It wasn't her ex, thank goodness, but her best friend, someone who had always been there for her, someone she used to be in love with.

     He entered, coming by her side, concern written across his face. "What's wrong-" but before he could finish, calling her his nickname, she pulled him towards her as he embraced her as her wet tears rolled down her face onto his shoulders.

     "M-my boyfriend cheated on me w-with-" Amy couldn't even finish while she burst into another set of tears, sobs tearing from her throat. He just held her close, his gloved hands running through her quills and up and down her back.

     When Amy stopped crying, she looked up, her eyes meeting his as she sniffed, her tears rolling down her face silently. He leaned forward, his face near hers as he kissed a tear, causing her to blush as the tears slowly stopped rolling. He kissed each one away, until the tears stopped and her eyes were puffy from crying so much and her face was blotchy.

     "I can't believe Faker hurt you like this," he growled. It was always them who called each other faker, but Amy realized who the real faker was now and couldn't help but agree. As he leaned closer, their nose's almost touching, her heart began to flutter, emotions pouring out of her. "You know I'd never hurt you, right?" he whispered. "Yes," Amy breathed out, her eyes flickering to his lips, darting her tongue out to wet her lips. He leaned in closer, his lips hovering over hers. "Good," he whispered before he gently placed his lips on hers.

      He was anything but gentle after that, and Amy loved it. Loved being in his arms, loved being with him, loved him! She pulled him closer to her, her body falling back as he straddled her. He pulled away, eyes darker as he smiled at her. "Better?" Shadow asked softly, his crimson red orbs shining. "Much," Amy breathed out before his lips landed on hers again, and she landed on Cloud 9, thoughts of Sonic and Sally long forgotten in the back of her head while Shadow brought endless happiness with him in a single kiss. 

     It was a promise, that kiss, that he'd protect her, love her, never bring her harm, take care of her heart, etc. and Amy promised the same thing. And all it took for her to realize this was a broken heart.