Chapter Twenty-Five Part One

(Author's Note: There will be a trilogy of these books. Unfortunately, the following chapters will be the final two chapters of this book. There may....or may not be.. be a sequel coming soon so make sure to check it out!)

Chapter Twenty-Five Part One

Kite awoke in the middle of the day to footsteps sounding in the grass. My ears perked up and I opened my eyes. An unknown set of paws was walking slowly past my den. I looked up to see a small, scrawny wolf with matted fur and white and orange fur, looking quite scared. I carefully got up as not to disturb my mate and walked over to the wolf.

"What are you doing here?" I snarled quietly at the wolf, growling.

The wolf cowardly shrank before me. She was definitely an omega.

"I-I-I'm an o-omega f-from the p-pack of R-Riverrush..." She stuttered.

"Why are you trespassing in the territory of the Pack of Nightfall?" I demanded of the wolf, careful not to wake the others up.

"I-I f-f-fled....the p-pack members w-w-were a-abusing me so I-I..ran a-away..." She explained, shivering in fear. She was so skinny that her ribs were showing and she had old bloodied scars all over her.

Kite frowned.

"I don't know if I can trust you. I am an alpha, but I am not the head alpha, I must talk to my father about this."

"What is your name?" Kite asked her.

"M-My name i-is Oliver." She replied.

"Alright. Sleep over there by the trees, near the edge of the territory, until nightfall. That is when our pack operates." Kite ordered.

Kite went back to sleep, giving Talon a lick on the cheek and curling around him.

The next night I awoke and went to find Oliver.

"Oliver wake up." I pressed my paw against her to wake her up.

"Nhhhnnnnn......" Oliver groaned as she woke. I don't think she remembered she went to sleep here.

She scrambled out of my reach as soon as she realized where she was.

"C'mon. We're going to see my father, Shadow."

Oliver nodded and followed me to his den.

"Wait here." I told Oliver, then walked in the den.

I walked inside my father's den.

"Dad. An intruder, a weak omega from the pack of Riverrush."

The alpha looked at me and nodded.

He and I stepped out of the den. He would either decide to kill the wolf if it has committed crime, send the wolf away with or take the wolf into the pack.

I told him about Oliver and everything.

"Alright. You're a half-pack member, for now." He grunted.

"Thank you, thank you!" Oliver smiled.

"Don't forget your rank, omega." Shadow half joked.