Chapter 30: Another Kiss Like A Fire On Pavement

Chapter 30

"Sunshine!"

"Mmmm....."

"Wake up dear. You've got a really fun day ahead of you!! You're getting out of the hospital today!!!"

At this I shot up and was faced with everyone: Vic, Jaime, Tony, Marcus, Jessica, Dr. Sel, Dr. Patrick, some of the nurses from the ICU and even Mrs. April, my extremely preppy nurse to help feed me, bathe me, and go to the restroom.

"Oh, hi everyone..." I awkwardly smiled.

At that moment, they all responded.

"Hey!"

"Cody Marie, you're back!"

"You're going home!"

"You've made swell progress, Mrs. Reeves."

"I'm going to cry...."

"It's good to see you up and healthy!!"

"...and I never cry!!"

"FUCK YEA YOU'RE COMING HOME! And you and Mike are going to live happily ever after with about 20 kids in the backyard and everyone I-"

"Jaime!!!" I scolded, "Lets not jump too far..."

"...into your future!" He smirked back. I rolled my eyes and turned to the doctors.

"When can I get out?"

"Today!!" they both cheered.

"When today?"

"In a few hours. Maybe two. Three at max."

"Oh, okay!"

"Great." the doctors mumbled, exiting the room followed by the nurses.

"You still look like shit." Marcus huffed.

"You still have an attitude problem." I smirked back.

"You know what, I'm not even mad. You led me to my baby." He smiled. He then grabbed Vic and have him a big smooch on the lips, which Vic gratefully kissed him back.

"Ugh..." Tony gagged. Marcus pressed harder and flicked Tony off. Tony gagged once more rolling his eyes, then Marcus and Vic separated chuckling.

"You both are nasty." Jaime sneered.

"Uhm, I don't know what you're talking about." Marcus spoke, "You and Jess were in the lunch room a few minutes ago practically having sex on the vending machines."

Jessica blushed, "I... I told him to stop."

Marcus hummed and Vic slapped his arm and whispered, "Stop that."

"Baby not in here!!" Marcus joked.

"Guys, stop." Tony said sternly.

For the rest of the three hours, we all joked and laughed. I never questioned Tony about his outburst a few hours ago and he never approached me. Jessica and I got to know each other, and I must say, she was pretty badass.

*****

"Alrighty then, Mrs. Reeves, you're good to go." A nurse cheered, giving me my release papers back. I smiled back and we were on our merry way.

"Do you guys have my clothes?" I questioned to Vic and the others.

"Nope, but I brought you some from my house." Marcus joined in. I smiled warmly at him before I walked in the bathroom. He was such a good friend. I remember all of the nights I used to sneak in his house at night. I snuck in there so much that I finally just started leaving clothes there.

After I got dressed in black basketball shorts, a navy Blind Witness tee and black Vans, I threw my hospital dress in the trash and left with everyone else. We headed to one of the state prisons to pick Mike up. It was an hour drive, so I'll have a lot to think about.

***THIRD PERSON POV***

When the six got to the prison, they waited eagerly for Mike to get out. After 30 minutes of waiting, pacing, cursing and thinking, Mike finally was released from the prison.

"Michael!!" Vic gasped, immediately running into Mike's embrace. "Mike, I swear if you do something like that, I'll get mama on you."

"Shut up before I knock your teeth in." He mumbled back. Jaime and Tony came up and gave Mike hugs followed by Jessica and even Marcus, too.

They all were cheering, and Mike was too, until he saw Cody Marie staring at him awkwardly from a few feet away. Mike got silent, as did the rest when Mike immediately smiled and ran up to her shouting her name. He got so close, only to be stopped in his tracks when he felt a sharp sting across his face.

Cody Marie had slapped him.

"That was for getting in jail." She spat bitterly. She then slapped him once more, only harder.

"And that was for making me wait on you." She spoke with a lighter tone. He got confused, and was about to question her, when she interrupted him once more.

"And this is for making me fall in love with you."

She then grabbed his face hard, stood on her tippy toes, crashing his lips against hers. It felt weird on both of their parts because they both had never had a kiss that meant so much. There were so many sparks going through them, but that never stopped them once.

Mike didn't hesitate to kiss back and take control of the kiss by wrapping his hands around her waist and being more forceful with it.

"No PDA, please." An officer hissed.

"Man, shut the fuck up." Marcus spoke quickly.

"Excuse me?!" The officer asked.

Cody Marie and Mike disconnected from their passionate kiss and the seven ran out of the prison as fast as possible.

Cody Marie ran to the car with Mike trailing behind her, both not forgetting about what just happened.