Chapter 1

"Come ON Amanda. We need to get going. By the time your ass gets ready, it'll be next year." Mom yelled.

"Well, at least then I would still be living here. Not moving to the unbeknownst hellhole we're moving to."

Mom came upstairs. The look of pity she gave me was enough for me to look away. "Oh Callie, what am I going to do with you?" Sell me to the circus, or let my bff adopt me. Hell, leave me behind. I'll live in the house on my own. "To hell with that. My baby ain't living on her own vulnerable, fragile, sacred, lovable, innocent-"

"I get it. I'm not staying here. Let's just get going. The longer we hold it off, the harder it's going to be." Mom looked at me with understanding.

"You speak from a mature perspective. Your definitely my daughter and of my blood. Now come on. Let's get this show on the road!"

"On one condition, you never try to talk like modern age again."

•••_-_•••

The car ride was boring to say the least, I popped my headphones in and fell asleep.

I woke up just as we were pulling into the driveway of the new house. It was decent.

I got out, grabbed one of my boxes, and went upstairs. There were rooms to my right and left. I went to the end of the hallway, turned left and walked in.

Setting the box down, I flopped on the bare bed. Deciding that probably wasn't the best idea, I got up and went to the window. Outside, there was about a three foot gap between my house and another.

Something caught my eye as I skimmed the room. I looked again and sure enough, there was a big bookshelf packed with tons and tons of books.

Now, I'm not one to steal...but I know a good book when I see one. And it looks like there are some good books over there waiting to be looked at by muah.

I waited a second, made sure the coast was clear, and leaped across the canyon. Lol, see what I did there?

I got to the other side, and began to look at my surroundings. No one seemed to be home, so I kept on my way. Getting to the bookshelf, I saw that there were some really good titles put there.

Just as I began to reach for one, I heard the door close to my right. And there stood one hella-looking guy. Like, damn. Ripped muscles, sleeve tattoos, good hair, a low hanging towel *wink wink*, and oh god that v-line.

If I said I wasn't staring, I would be lying. The guy cleared his throat, which brought my eyes up to his.

"Uh, hi." He started.

"Hey, I was uh, just looking for the bathroom." I stupidly replied.

He gave me a half smirk, "In my bedroom?"

"Yeah, I just moved in next door, and I um didn't want to waste time looking for my bathroom...so, yeah." I am so stupid.

"Oh, uhuh. I see. Well, I need to get dressed, so if you wouldn't mind. You can either use the bathroom, down the hall, first door on the right, or go back to your room. Either choice is fine with me." He stood there, looking at me, waiting for a response.

"Yeah, okay so I'm just gonna head back over. It was nice meeting you...uh?"

"Xavier." He cut in.

"Yeah well, Xavier, I'll see you some other time. Hopefully with more on." I gave him an awkward smile and began to make my way towards the window. Just before I climbed through, I looked back.

He was looking at me, I said "You have a good taste in books by the way."

"Thanks." He said.

I got back into my room, and shut the window. I looked over just as he dropped his towel. Even from behind he looked good.