Chapter 3 - Definitely The First

(Hey everyone. Before you read this new update, read everything from Chapter 1 because I changed some of the storyline. Thank you! Enjoy chapter 3.)

"And then Daniel passed the ball to Dylan, and Dylan was cornered by two of Cleveland's best defense player. He moved to the left, faked it, jumped, he shoots, then in with the buzzer, dun-dun-dun... he scored! And the crowd had gone wild! Three freakin points!" Luke, one of the Vikings star players, demonstrated with enthusiasm the legendary five seconds shot that I missed.

Day three and people are still buzzing about that legendary-buzzer-beater-three-point-shot-of-Dylan-Harper.

Oh look, it already has a name!

Sarcasm? Yeah, dripping venomously.

I was feeling bitter about it because I was probably the only one in Hudson High who didn't witness it.

It's weekend and we're in Luke's house party. Well more like a victory party for the Vikings. Everyone was gathered outside listening to him as he narrated what happened at the match. You could hear their laughter and see how proud they are with what happened.

But I, on the other hand, was just laughing along with them, completely unaware of what happened to that shot! So you could imagine my frustrations, being the only person in the room who can't relate to that story.

Good thing was, the people started to disperse from the story-telling-crowd and realized that there's much more activities to do in a house party than just sit around and hear stories over and over again that happened three days ago.

Don't get me wrong, I was proud of them and happy for them definitely, especially now that they're part of the final four and I still have the chance to watch Daniel play this year. I was just feeling bitter, that's now. But I wasn't holding any grudges at all.

"Three o'clock, Daniel Ryder." Ari whispered and gave me a push towards that direction.

"Hey!" I protested.

Ari gave me a look. "What are you waiting for? Grey hairs?" She mocked.

"It's too risky. He's surrounded by his teammates." I pointed out.

"Yeah. And the next thing you'll know is he'll be surrounded by girls who'd been waiting for this day to come for him to be finally out in the market and wants him to be her boyfriend."

"I doubt that he'll enter in a relationship that quick. He's not like that." I said in a matter-of-fact. Yeah, Daniel wasn't that type of a guy who'll move into a relationship after a break-up.

Ari rolled her eyes. "That's not the point. Why are you overanalyzing things? All I want you to do is just go there and talk to him. Congratulate him before someone will snatch that opportunity away from you. Seriously, Nicole. You're giving me a headache here."

I always overthink things especially when Daniel was involved. I want to think things thoroughly, or plan my actions before engaging into the battle—in this case, talking to him.

Yeah, I plan ahead of time. I create a scenario first in my head of how the conversation will go, or what things I will ask him and the possible flow or outcome of it. I know that it might seem scripted and unnatural but I do that because I don't want to embarrass myself in front of him!

I have these moments where-in I stutter if I'm too overwhelmed with things, or if I don't know what I was going to say. So in every Daniel moments, I make sure that I'm always prepared. I don't want to risk it.

Oh this infatuation that I have for that guy is really driving me nuts! What did he do to me to make me fall head over heels over him?

Darn him and his one in a million kind of personality. How could a good-looking guy be so friendly, kind, smart, sporty, down-to-earth, humble all at the same time?