Hamils Out

Red's Point Of View

We rode in on of those cargo trucks, trying to remain undercover. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Lizzie fiddle with the ring on her finger. To her right Carter was glaring at me. I thought we were good dude.

The troops handed me a AR-10A2. I smirked, not only did I have my Colt 1911's, I had a Armalite.

I saw Davidson frown when he got handed Auto Ordnance Thompson.

"Let's go gentleman."

Samar cleared her throat towards the sergeant.

He didn't look amused. "And ladies."

"Alright; Reddington, Scott, Quincy, you're coming with us." A general said. I nodded and followed him.

I much preferred the suits we got to wear back home, but this was part of the job description. I saw Liz look behind us as Harrison went off the join the other group. "Admiral?" Quincy asked coming up beside me.

"Yes Rylan?"

"Remember the promise you made to Major Brooks?" My head snapped towards him, and I lowered my voice so only we could hear.

"How the fuck do you know about that?"

"He's my Uncle, he asked me to keep and eye and remind you." I was infuriated, did he not think I could keep the promise? "Under no circumstances is anyone to know about this conversation. Understood?"

"Yes sir."

I nodded and focused back towards the general. We went through two buildings before I heard a sniper shot. "Get down!" General Lamar shouted.

Bullets flew above and around us. I heard a scream. Lizzie. My eyes darted around, she was kneeling over a body. Quincy. "Lizzie, get down!" I shouted. She couldn't hear me. "Elizabeth Scott, get down!" I yelled. She looked towards me, her eyes were stained. "Get down, please." I mouthed to her, my eyes all but begging. She took one last look at Rylan before army crawling over to me.

A huge blast hit the wall next to us, I threw Lizzie out of the way before the wall could crush us. I let out an agonizing scream. The thousand pound concrete wall had landed on my leg.

The firing had stopped, you could still hear everybody's heart beating through their chest. All of them crawled over to me and with great struggle lifted the wall off of me so Samar could drag me out.

I loaded my gun and crawled over to a ledge.

"Reddington what to fuck do you think your doing?" The general hissed at me. I grabbed a smoke bomb from my pocket. "On the count of three I'm going to throw this so it will cover us. When that happens we run for it."

"What if they're waiting for us down there?" Samar asked me. "That's a risk we're willing to take." A mutual agreement came over us.

"I. 2. 3." I shouted before throwing it to the ground, covering the hole.

"GO, GO, GO!" I shouted. My gun ready to shoot.

Nobody was down here. I saw the rest of the troops outside. "COME ON!" I shouted seeing many dead bodies.

I hobbled with the assistance of Lizzie. I saw Carter leaning over helping people patch their wounds. When our eyes met he pointed to a body sprawled over a wooden board. I dropped everything on my back and I slid into him.

"Blake, buddy wake up!" I whispered. "Hamils wake up." I gently slapped his cheek. "Please." I shook his head. "Hamilton it's a goddamn order to wake up!" I shouted.

He didn't move. I started to cry. My baby cousin was dead. I promised my aunt I'd protect him. I had failed again.

Someone laid a gruff and hard hand in my shoulder. "It's okay Raymond, you did the best you could." Sergeant Jixon said.

I nodded, trying to regain myself. Even though many people were sobbing around us. "Ray, I'm
here for you." Came a gentle voice. It registered as Lizzie's. "I promised my aunt I'd bring him home." I sobbed.

"I'm so sorry, Ray. He's home now." She leaned her head against my shoulders. The scene was like a movie, Blake's head was laying in my lap and I was cradling him, while Lizzie, the girl I was madly and still falling for, was here helping me cope.

************

"Reddington, Harrison, and Scott will travel home to dispose of our beloved and return them to our families. When they get back we will stop at nothing to find Raquk. Safe travels to you three. Oh and I almost forgot." He handed me a medal. "His mother would want you to give this to her." He clapped me on my shoulder and told the rest file out. "I'm sorry man." Davidson said. My leg was wrapped and I had crutches.

"Excuse me, sir!" I called once everyone was gone. "Yes Reddington."

"How long did the doctor say I was out for?" My voice was hopeful, something that it usually wasn't.

"A month." I gulped, a month? "Thank you sir."

"You're a good solider Reddington, what you did was a good thing. That girl would've died, if you still will were wondering you've proven your place." He said, referring to the time when I fist met him back in Washington. "Sir." I nodded and went out.

Happy birthday to James Spader!!!