FOURTY ONE

Wednesday
'Middle'
Marly~

The next morning, Nikki woke me up begging to go down to the hotel gym and workout with her. She seemed excited and I wasn't sure if that was the normal her or what, but I ignored it.

After being in the gym from 8-11, Nikki dragged me out of the hotel and walked me to a small clothing store. We walked inside and I swear I wanted to buy the whole store. Everything was gorgeous.

I bought a few pairs of shorts, shirts, bikinis, two dresses and three pairs of flat sandals.

When we got back to the hotel, I dressed myself in a gray lace up bodysuit, short shorts over it and a pair of Nike sneakers.

I wasn't too nervous about meeting up with Colby, but Nikki's rambling while she did my hair made me a tad nervous.

"What exactly do you think he's gonna say?" She asked. I simply shrugged my shoulders and posted the picture of my outfit on Twitter.

"Hopefully he starts crying, make it even more dramatic for you to forgive him."

"If he does I'm slapping him in the face and telling him to man up," I said. Nikki stopped straightening my hair and I tilted my head up to look in the mirror, Nikki's brown eyes glaring at me. I smiled. "What?"

"Seriously? Just because he would cry?"

"Do you see me crying over this? No. He won't cry so just knock it off." Nikki pursed her lips and went back to my hair.

I glanced at the clock on my phone and snapped my head up. "Nikki, you're taking forever. It's already 12:49."

Nikki swore under her breath and out down the straightener, running a brush through my hair. "Okay, there. Go finish your makeup, I'll grab your purse and get your things ready."

I jumped up and grabbed the makeup bag from the bed and rushed into the bathroom, taking out eyeshadow, mascara, Chapstick and lipgloss.

While I applied the eyeshadow, I heard Nikki gathering my things and putting stuff away.

"What are you going to be doing while I'm gone?" I asked and put the eyeshadow down in exchange for the mascara.

"I might go with John to the next town over, I'll have to see what he's doing first," she yelled from the other room.

I put my Chapstick on then the lipgloss and tossed everything back in the bag before running back in the room.

"What time is it?" I asked frantically.

"Holy shit, it's 1 already! Run, girl!"

I groaned and grabbed my purse, phone and key, running out the door with a 'goodbye' to Nikki.

I checked the time to see three minutes went by and I was still in the elevator as I took its time.

When it finally got to the lobby, it was 1:06. I calmly walked out from the elevator, but I quickened my pace to get out the door.

The wind pushed my hair around my face, annoying me as I pushed it over my shoulder. I started walking down the sidewalk, trying to find the cafe on 34th street.

I turned down the street and narrowed my eyes to search for a sign that said 'Giovanni's'. When I saw the sign down towards the end of the street, I walked towards it.

Outside of the cafe, Colby stood in a black button up, dark jeans and black Vans, a beanie hiding his hair. His head was down and as I got closer, I could see a white rose in his right hand.

Stopping in front of him, Colby's head shot up and he looked me up and down before clearing his throat and smiling.

"I didn't think you would show up," he said, his tone almost sad like.