T W O

E T H A N

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I couldn't be Audrey's "buddy", I have a reputation.

"Mr. Jefferson, I can't be her buddy, I have a reputation to maintain. Can you get someone else?" I ask, obviously mad.

"Well, you're reputation can stay, but you won't pass high school, your choice." He said.

I got up and started to walk to the door, I placed my hand on the handle but didn't turn it.

"Well Mr. Dolan, what is it going to be?"

I look back at him.

"Do I have to?" I asked him

"If you want to pass." He said.

I roll my eyes and sigh.

"Ethan, please, it's not going to kill you and if you keep your grades up, you'll be able to pass without summer school." He says.

"This is gonna kill me." I say, crossing my arms.

He sighs and walks over to the nurses office, he comes out with Audrey.

"Alright kids, get to class." Mr. Jefferson said.

I roll my eyes, grab the handles of her wheelchair, and wheel her out. She kept her head low as I roll her throughout the school, I felt like such a loser doing this. I roll her into the elevator and hit the second floor button, we get to the floor and I roll her a little way.

"ETHAN!!" I hear from behind me.

I froze, I couldn't let my friends see me doing this.

"Wait here." I say, putting her wheelchair in park or whatever.

A U D R E Y

Ethan left me in the middle of the hallway, kids left and right, walked past me. I soon felt my wheelchair start to roll backwards, I look back and see that I was rolling by myself, no one was rolling me.

"Ethan!" I say, loudly.

He ignores me and continues to talk to his friends, I felt myself start to go faster.

"ETHAN!" I yell.

He still doesn't acknowledge me and starts to walk away to the other hall, he looked back at me, briefly, but continues to walk away. The bell rings and everyone soon, quickly, gets to their class. I look back and see that I am approaching a staircase, no one even bothered to help me.

"SOMEONE HELP ME!!!" I call out.

I felt my chair suddenly stop.

"Oh my goodness, are you alright?" I hear someone ask me.

A boy runs around to me with worry in his eyes.

"Are you alright? I saw your chair rolling and you almost fell down the stairs." He says.

"Y-yes, I'm fine." I say, putting my head down.

"Do you want me to take you to your class?" He asked me.

"S-sure." I said, quietly.

"Ok, where is your class?" He asked, kneeling down to my level.

"A213." I say.

"Sweet, that's mine too." He said, with a smile.

I give him a small smile. He takes the handles of wheelchair and wheels me to our class.

"So, what is your name?" He asked me.

"Audrey." I say.

"That's a beautiful name, I'm Henry."

"Thank you." I say.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Well, this took a while to get out. Sorry, had a lot going on.

-Brought to you by Kitti!