Trick #2

We just stood there,

Dumbfounded for another time,

Everysingle theft, We still can't catch Erebus!

"Kid, calculate the gold's worth inside the vault." Colonello commanded at Kid.

"It has about 500 pieces of goldbars sir. In currency, about a billion US dollars." Kid replied.

That's too big! The inspector thought.

"Ugh! Damn it! What are we going to say to the public?"

"I-I also don't know sir."

The inspector stood up and collected its confidence back..

"You there," he pointed a guard.

"Y-yes sir!" the guard saluted at him.

A new guard, I hope he realizes on how cruel this world is.. Colonello said on his mind.

"Wrap the vault with a yellow police tape. And make sure that no one will enter until the NYC-FBI arrives."

"A-Aye siir!" and the new guard started taping the vault's gate.

"And you there," he pointed another guard.

"Yes sir!"

"Call the New York City-Federal Bureau of Investigation."

We have to maintain this bank so there will be no more casualties.

Then suddenly the inspector's walkie-talkie recieved a transmitted sound..

[S-sir, we found Erebus on the second floor near vault 4-a] a person on the walkie-talkie said.

The inspector's hope increased to another level.

So he yelled, "All men in this building, to the second floor! Don't let Erebus get awaay!"

Every guard who is guarding every corner in the building went to the second floor in search of the phantom thief.

Except for the guard taping the vault 6-b's gate.

The new guard stood up and said, "How silly of the inspector, moving all the guards to one place makes the other places unguarded. It would be easier for a criminal to get away if you do this."

He ran upstairs to the rooftop of the bank. The evening wind was smooth, and the moon was at its fullest.

Super perfect, the guard said.

He quickly changed his clothes to his usual attire. A dark black silk robe and a white mask.

Yes, the new guard was obviously the phantom thief. When the black smokes where released awhile ago, Erebus changed his clothes to impersonate a new guard, then he blended into the crowd of coughing guards.

One of the main skills on being a thief is changing your garments within a shorter period of time.

Just after he changed his clothes, Erebus grabbed his foldable staff and pressed one of its buttons.

When he pressed the button, bolts and screws were loosened. Then Erebus' metal staff transformed into a hang glider.

Another perfect way to escape.

The thief strengthened its grip from the glider, and he ran to the corner of the rooftop and jumped.

The wind was perfect, traveling about 38kph. The glider flying was at a fast speed. Especially that the wind was moving straight to his destination, his home.

He grabbed his walkie-talkie from his pockets and called the inspector..

At the second floor of NYNB

The people inside this floor was too many, about 500 guards or so..

"Ugh, its too cramped up in here." The inspector exclaimed, while he and Kid tried to make a way from the crowds of guards.

While passing the corridors of the bank, the inspector's walkie-talkie has recieved a transmitted voice.

[Inspector Colonello, I give you my greatest thanks for being in my show.] A dark voice said.

"Erebus! Where are you now? Don't be a coward and show up!"

[Inspector, inspector, how can I come back from the real world when I am already at the shadow realm?]

"Stop those sh*t talk!"

[I suppose so, very well then. Don't forget that 'gold is a reflection of oneself, a more hundreds of golds makes a hundredfolds of you!'. Farewell inspector.] The phantom thief said and ended the conversation.

The gold was never seen, and the news about this theft spread fast.

After a week or so..

It has been a week since Erebus the phantom thief had shown up. The remains of the gold was still not found.

I have been waiting for new reports from the FBI, but this afternoon, I got a call.

"Hello?" I said as I answered the call.

[Inspector Kid! This is Jake, from the FBI.]

"Oh hey Jake, how are you?"

Jake, was my former blockmate and colleague in college. Both of us studied criminology together.

[It's about the theft last week, we found something.]

I was shocked at what he said, So there's definitely hope to get back the gold.

***

I entered the bank, and I was told not to call the Senior Inspector Colonello because we have to see if it's THAT important or not.

As I walked down the hallway, Jake walked in and welcomed me.

"Kid! Welcome back."

"Sup Jake. It's been a long time."

After the both of us greeted, we did our own high-fives and laughed. We walked to the vault 6-b.

When we went inside the vault, there was about half a dozen of people.

"So what did you found?" I asked Jake.

"Why won't you look at it yourself. Try to look up."

I looked up and..

O..O

Reflection! I saw a reflection of myself and the other FBI investigators.

"It's a mirror!" I suprisingly yelled.

"Yes, that's what we found. Half of this room was covered with a giant mirror. Erebus must have planted it before the theft was done. Just like the usual tricks that most kids are awed nowadays, The mirror box."

So there must be a chance that the gold is on the other side of the vault.

"I've got to call Ins. Collonello" I said as I grabbed my phone with an odd grin written on my face.

*****

Chapter two A/N:

Thanks for the wait guys! Please read until the end of the story.

Where would the gold be? And who is Erebus?

Vote Comment Share :D

~ProudKan (Jay trow)