part three

"my name's nick grimshaw."

harry blinked at the boy standing in front of him as he held an ice pack to his head.

"and i know your name's harry. did you and niall break up?"

harry winced at his throbbing head. "not yet but we will be. i mean i refuse to be in an abusive relationship."

nick raised his eyebrow, "so you're not breaking up with him because he is cheating on you?"

the air felt harry's chest as if he had just been hit by a ball in gym during dodge ball. "he's what?"

"mate how have you not noticed? he has a thing with liam. they snog everyday before first class. and liam goes over to niall's like everyday so they can get it on."

harry's eyes welled up with tears and he couldn't breathe. he felt as if his lungs were constricted and he couldn't let any air in. suddenly the light became too bright and the air was too heavy on his body. nick insisted for harry to stand up and he led harry outside and sat him on a bench and rubbed his back as harry gasped for air. 

"do you want me to walk you home?" 

harry didn't answer but nick picked him up and started to walk towards harry's house anyway.

if harry hadn't been gasping for air he would've asked nick how he knew where he lived but he was just focused on breathing. 

xxx

harry slept until he got a text from niall asking where he was.

anger filled harry's body and he threw his phone across the room. he hated niall.

New Message!

louis: hey harry

harry ignored the alert thinking it was still niall.

louis: i don't know if i can continue the tutoring. my dad doesn't like it..... sorry!!!

louis: also we can't be friends anymore. 

the front door opened and closed. harry ran downstairs to see his mum walk in.

"harry? why are you home? school doesn't end for another hour or so."

anne's eyes connected with her son's and she knew something. softer she said, "baby?"

she watched as he broke. his face crumbled. tears fell out of his eyes like a water fall. she opened her arms in time for him to collapse in the caring embrace. 

"mum, niall is cheating on me, and he hurt me physically today."

anne stroked harry's hair. 

"and i'm so lonely. the one companion i had leaves me for 17 year old david beckham." harry cries harder. why isn't he enough? he cries and cries. heartbreak is too much. 

xxx

louis sits in his desk for the first time in three days. he keeps his head down and his hair in his face. he has on a sweater that swallows his petite frame. he keeps his hands and wrists covered using sweater paws. he feels harry sit in the seat next to him. he silently prays for harry not to speak but he knows that's impossible. harry is a ball of sunshine and his beautiful rays of kindness light up louis' pitiful life. 

but it was silent. 

louis sneaks a glance at harry to see red rimmed eyes. the ball of sunshine had a dark rain cloud blocking it's light. the thought that something really bad must have happened scared louis. he expected the worst and wanted to cry himself.