Chapter 3

Carrie's POV:
As I wiped the tears from my eyes, wiping away the smudges of mascara, I wished he was as easy to wipe away as makeup. I took a deep breath, and looked over at the balcony of people, chatter, and laughter. Larissa's wedding reception was certainly unique but just like Laurissa, it taught me many things. For once I knew what it was like to sit in a room full of people and activity, and feel so lonely and isolated. I felt the pain of losing someone, not because they passed away,but because they didn't chose to stay. Apart of me wishes Sebastian would turn around at least one more time, look at me one less time, maybe even come back for me. As I looked upon the room of party goers, I hoped none of them would ever be in this state of mind. Each person looked so happy, and indulged in conversation. I wondered how many of them were truly happy with themselves. I pondered about the secretly sad ones, who's true feelings would pour out, like mascara onto the face of a crying soul. I don't hate Sebastian for leaving, because I know I had to let him go, and he knew he had to let me stay, but why did it still hurt so bad? I don't know whether or not I can love again. As I stood over the balcony, I felt a familiar tap on my shoulder, and voice call out " Carrie?"