3: Culture Shock

This was so not how Ashley had expected she'd be spending her Saturday afternoon. "OK, next on the to-do list," she announced, crossing an entry off her notepad where sat in the same armchair. "Sleeping arrangements."

Over on the couch, Rhys leaned a hand under his cheek, flashing a smile at her. "You know, Ashley, I must say I find this take-charge attitude very attractive."

Jeremy, who'd been pacing behind the couch, reached over and abruptly backhanded Rhys' head.

"Ouch! What was that for?"

"For being you."

"Don't touch me with your mongrel hands again," Rhys said in a huff, brushing off his hair.

Ashley decided to ignore him. "As I was saying – sleeping arrangements. Two of you can have the master bedroom."

She couldn't help noticing the rise of Rhys' brows. He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees and placing his chin on his hands. It also helped shift him out of range should Jeremy try to smack his head again. "Or you could share it with one of us ... such as myself?"

"Please stop, Rhys."

"You've never been with a Shifter, have you? Ah, the things I could show you."

"Seriously."

"Or have you never been with a man at all? Is that why you're so shy?"

"Rhys!" she went, mortified.

"It would explain a lot."

"Just ignore him," Jeremy advised her.

"Good idea," she muttered, before turning towards Ryan. "The master bedroom is my parents', so I need it to be properly taken care of. Ryan, I think I would trust you most to see to that."

"Absolutely, Ashley. You can leave it to me."

"Good. In that case, I'll also leave it to you to pick your sleeping partner."

"Quinn."

"Alright! Master bedroom!" Quinn went, rubbing his hands together. "That means it's the biggest, right?"

"Yeah."

"Why does he get to sleep in the master bedroom?" Rhys wanted to know, his expression souring.

"Because he's easiest to manage," Ryan answered.

Quinn froze in his moment of rejoicing. "Wait, what's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing, Quinn. You know I like you best."

"You do?"

"Of course," he said placatingly.

"Aw. Thanks, Ryan!" He jumped up, taking the small, dark-skinned man in a bone-crushing hug.

"Alright, alright," Ryan wheezed, tapping Quinn's arm repeatedly to make him let go.

"I think you'll end up regretting your decision," Jeremy quipped. "All he has to do is roll over in the middle of the night, and the giant will flatten you."

Ryan rolled his eyes, while Quinn became worried, looking like he was actually imagining that happening.

"So what about us?" Rhys asked her. "Where will we sleep?"

"There's a guest room just across from my room. Whoever gets that will share a bathroom with me."

"It's mine! I want it. That sounds even better than the master bedroom. Please, let me have it. I'll be just across the hall from you."