Pipabeth Valentines

Piper's very confused. She's sitting at the lunch table, watching Annabeth intently. She's not sure what she's looking for, some sing, some answer. Annabeth is sitting there, with her hair pulled up in a pony tail, with papers spread out across the table and her computer opened up in front of her. For lunch, she appears to be eating some chocolate from a heart shaped box.

A very cute girl came up a couple minutes ago and handed the box to Annabeth. Piper knows this, and she knows things like this happen just about everyday, what she can't fathom is the why. No one else seems to think its odd. If you don't want cafeteria lunch, you bring your own, it's what you do. Everyday, someone asks Annabeth out, it's what they do.

Everyone else seems to think this is completely normal. Piper absolutely hates being new, being expected to just automatically know the inside jokes, the odds and ends, of every place she goes to. But this time it's by far the worst.

Hazel is inexplicable embarrassed every time she mentions it. Piper just doesn't understand. Like, sure, the girl's cute, but she's no cuter then the other nerdy school work girl who sits in the back corner on her laptop all during lunch. And no one brings that girl chocolate.

"Piper... Your staring, again." Hazel mumbled, her cheeks highly flushed, as she looked down at her hands.

"Everyone else seems to stare at her!" Piper grumbled, angrily taking a gulp of water. "I just wanna know what their on about."

"Well- she's- she's Annabeth Chase, you know...." Hazel said, blushing more, if that was possible. "Their bound to flock her... Then doesn't mean you have to get in on it."

"What? So just being named 'Annabeth Chase', and suddenly your extremely popular?" Piper grumbled, taking a bite of her veggie burger. Leo started laughing. Quite loudly, drawing attention from near by tables.

"Piper, you don't know, do you? That's so funny, hah, here I thought you had a crush on Chase!" Leo said between laughs, and Piper glared at him. Because no, she didn't know -whatever it was- and it was really starting to piss her off.

"What? What don't I know? Why don't you tell me?" Piper snapped, still glaring at him.

"I just can't see how- I mean you've been here, what, three months? No one ever told you? This is important school history!" Leo snorted, taking a bite of and apple.

"Stop being annoying, just spit it out." Piper said. Leo laughed again. He was really quite annoying, and she was on her last nerve.

"Well, I can't be the one to tell you! It happened almost two years ago- before my time. You should talk to someone who was actually there when it happened. I came to school a year after the whole shenanigans occurred!" Leo said, still laughing.

"Hazel? Where you there?" Piper said, turning her glare to Hazel. She was really starting to feel quite foul.

"Well- I- I mean..." Hazel looked flustered, her blush spreading down her neck, opening and closing her mouth like a fish. Leo was still laughing. "I guess- technically, yes- I was present... Technically..."

"Well? What was it then?"

"I don't really think- It's not really, that relevant really.... I don't really feel comfortable...." Hazel mumbled. She didn't want to put Hazel out of her comfort, zone- no, definitely not.  Hazel was a very sweet, open minded, come-as-you-are, type of person. And if it was making her uncomfortable, it must be pretty cringy. Unfortunately, that just made Piper want to know what it was more.

Piper glanced up at Annabeth, the center of this, whatever it was, just in time to see someone hand her flowers. Piper sighed, and was honestly happy when the bell rang and she was finally able to get up and storm angrily out of her seat.