Tampons or Pads?

Bucky should know these things! He has six sisters for crying out loud. Bucky stares hopelessly at the wall of pads and tampons wondering which one Judy wanted. He groans in frustration and looks up to see a tall, muscular blonde walking up the aisle.

  "You've gotta help me," he pleads, grabbing the man's huge arm.

   "Uhm, okay," the blonde replies warily.

   "My sister asked me to buy her period stuff but didn't specify what she wanted," Bucky explains in a rush.

   "Okay. Relax and just breathe," the blonde says, holding the smaller man by his shoulders. "What's your name?"

   "Bucky," Bucky mumbles, looking up at Steve with big eyes.

   "Cool. I'm Steve. So your sister sent you to buy period stuff for her but didn't specify wether she wanted pads or tampons?" Steve double checks. Bucky nods. "Okay, so my friend Peggy always gets these two," Steve explains, picking up a box of tampons and a box of pads.

   "Yeah?" Bucky asks hopefully and Steve nods.

   "Yeah, this might help to," Steve comments, dragging Bucky to the front of the store and giving him a package of cupcakes. Bucky hugs Steve tightly.

  "Thank you. You don't know how lost I was. Do you have plans for dinner?" He asks.

   "I don't, why?" Steve answers.

  "I'm picking up pizza on the way home and it's the least I can do to repay you," Bucky replies.

   "Yeah? Okay, why not," Steve nods. Bucky beams. After Bucky purchases his things he leads Steve to his car. They pick up the pizza and Bucky takes Steve home. He was the youngest in his family and the only boy, his father had been arrested when Bucky was five for abuse. Bucky had been pretty good at hiding it but eventually his father had slipped up and been caught. Then Bucky had been raised by his sisters mostly, his mother had worked a lot and had kind of seen him as her failure because she hadn't noticed sooner. They were on good terms now though although she still had a guilty look in her eyes every time she looked at him.

Bucky opens the door and Judy is on him in a rush, grabbing the grocery bag. Bucky makes his way to the table slowly carrying five boxes of pizza carefully with the breadsticks and sauces balanced on top. He sets them on the table and suddenly all his sisters are swarming him and Steve demanding details.

"Let him breathe!" Bucky huffs, getting shoved aside by his sisters. He pushes through them and stands in front of Steve with his arms crossed. Bucky was several inches shorter than Steve so the blonde was able to see over his head.

"He helped me buy Judy's period stuff so I invited him to dinner to pay him back," Bucky explains.

"Did Bucky tell you he's gay and looking for a boyfriend?" Nicole exclaims and Bucky turns bright red.

"Awww. That's harsh, don't embarrass him," Becca, the oldest and Bucky's favorite, pouts, pulling Bucky into her chest.

"Well I guess I'm lucky no ones snatched him up yet," Steve comments and most of Bucky's sisters squeal. Bucky looks torn between excited and terrified.

"Girls, dinner," Bucky's mother Winifred, calls and the girls rush to the table. "Oh... You brought a friend. I'm Winifred, James mother," she introduces herself to Steve.

"I'm Steve Rogers, I hope you don't mind me being here," Steve replies.

"Of course not," she shakes her head, "it's been a while since James has brought anyone home."

"Mom!" Bucky whines. She kisses Bucky's forehead and hugs Steve. The girls were already eating. Bucky snags a slice of pizza quickly and sits back in his seat. He sits embarrassedly as his sisters pester Steve about his life.

"So now you've had dinner with the Barnes family," Bucky says shyly as he drives Steve home.

"It was surprisingly nice. I never had any brothers or sisters so it was interesting, not in a bad way though," Steve replies.

"Thank you, again," Bucky blushes as he pulls up in front of Steve's place.

"Of course. Say we do this again sometime?" He asks.

"Yeah! Absolutely," Bucky chirps eagerly then blushes.

"Cool," Steve smiles and kisses Bucky's cheek. Bucky blushes profusely before grabbing the front of Steve's shirt and kissing him passionately. Steve kisses back eagerly.

When Bucky comes home beaming from ear to ear and whistling, Judy smirks proudly as she receives high fives from her other sisters.