Chapter 1

POV: Lucy

I stood in front of my new school, Fairy Tail Academy! Somewhere I had always wanted to go since I was little but could never get my father to let me go here, until now anyway. Sorta. Fairy Tail Academy was a school for "special" people. The ones with magical abilities. Like me, I'm able to summon spirits who were given magical powers if they didn't have some already. My mother had the same gift but passed the spirits she had on to me when she died. And they've been with me ever since then. I've also gotten quite a few new spirits along the way, not that I'm too proud of that. My newest spirit is Leo, but he prefers to be called Loke. He went to Fairy Tail Academy and was the one that has helped sneak me out of my old school and into Fairy Tail. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here. I smiled thinking about how much my spirits have helped me in my life. I then lost it, thinking about why they have had to help me.

"Hello!" Said a sweet voice, pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see a fairly tall girl, with long white hair, and a long pink dress on. "You must be our new recruit!"

"Yes! That's me! I'm Lucy Heartfilia!" I said shaking her hand.

"Mirajane Strauss." She introduced herself. "I'm going to be your guide to your classes today. If you would please follow me." I did as she asked, as she leads me through the empty halls. I stood shocked as we came to a large room. The room was extremely large, had tables everywhere, and also had a second floor.

"Lucy." Mirajane said, snapping me out of my trance. I looked over my shoulder at her and she grabbed my wrist, giggling at me. "Come on, you can do some sightseeing later. Right now we got to figure out what your classes are going to be." She pulled me up a different flight of stairs than what I saw before. Which ended up being across from the other floor. We finally made it to the top of the stairs and Mirajane lead me to a door with the school symbol on it and knocked.

"Come in!" A male's voice called from the other side of the door. Mirajane opened the door and walked in.

"Master Makarov. I bring you Lucy Heartfilia, our new recruit." Mirajane said smiling sweetly, as she stepped out of the way so I could walk into the room.

"Why welcome, Lucy." The man known as Master Makarov said standing. He was a very short old man and was wearing an orange and white striped shirt. "I'm Makarov Dreyar, the principal of this school."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Dreyar." I said shaking his hand.

"Oh please, 'Mr. Dreyar' is my Grandfather." Makarov said. "You can call me Master Makarov or most of the kids call me Gramps."

"Alrighty then." I said. "I just want to thank you for accepting me into Fairy Tail Academy."

"Oh well, we're always happy to bring in a new member." Master Makarov said reassuringly. "Besides we see us more like a guild than an Academy."

"A guild?" I asked. "How so?"

"Well, a guild is a group of talented people. And well every single child that comes here, is talented. In their own way." Master Makarov explained. I nodded in agreeance, seeing his point. "And you are now one of them as well."

"Yeah, I guess I am." I said smiling down at the ground.

"Well, shall we figure out your classes?" Master Makarov asked as he dug into his desk. After a moment he pulled out a thin book and walked over to a small table, placing the book on the table. "Will you please place your hand on the center of the book." I nodded and set in gently on the cover. A small moment later there was a light that outlined my hand.

"What is it doing?" I asked.

"It's adding you to the school's book." Makarov said. "All the children here are in it, along with their personal information. Such as age, height, year, and some other simple things."

"Including your classes." Mirajane said from behind me. After about a minute of my hand glowing, the light disappeared, and I removed my hand from the book. Master Makarov then opened the book to the first page and there was a picture of me, and it had all my information on it.

"Wow, now that was cool!" I said mesmerized by what had just happened. Master Makarov giggled at me and so did Mirajane.

"I remember when I got that excited when that happened." She said, giggling.

"I remember that too." Master Makarov said looking at Mirajane. He then writes down some stuff on a piece of paper. "Here you are Miss Heartfilia. And welcome, to Fairy Tail Academy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mirajane lead me down the stairs and back onto the main floor.

"So this is what we call the guildhall." Mirajane said, putting her arms up as she gestured to the room.

"This place is amazing." I said as I spun in a circle finally getting to look at the large room, noticing more details. Like how the guildhall had a bar and stage.

"Yeah, it is." Mirajane said.

"So Mirajane?" I said, looking over towards her. "Where is everyone? Are they all in class?"

"Yep." She said happily. "Oh and you don't have to call me Mirajane, you can call me Mira. That's what everyone else calls me."

"Alright." I said nodding to her.

"Now let's see." Mira said looking at the paper that contained my classes. "Well for your first class, you have Creative Writing." I let out a small gasp, in surprise. Mira must have noticed and looked up. "What is it?"

"That book really does know what it's doing, doesn't it?" I asked giggling.

"It sure does." She said as she guided me towards my new Creative Writing class.

"So does that book have a name?" I asked Mira. She nodded.

"Of course it does, it's name is Mavis." Mira said smiling.

"Mavis?" I asked.

'What a strange name for a book.'

"Uh-huh. Named after Fairy Tail's creator. Mavis Vermillion." Mira answered.

"Oh. So what year are you?" I asked.

"I'm a first-year, same as you." Mira said looking over at me, smiling.

"Oh well, do we have any classes together?" I asked her slightly looking over her shoulder as she looked at the paper again as we were coming to a stop by a door that had a lot of sayings from books on it.

'That must be my first class.'

I thought to myself.

"Ah-ha!" Mira breathed out happily. "We do have classes together. We have class three, and class five together." Mira said getting excited.

"Oh really? Well, I guess that'll be nice to have a somewhat friendly face." I said smiling.

"Yeah, that's always a good way to start your first day, huh?" Mira said smiling as well. "You know if you would like I could introduce you to some of my friends."

"Really?" I asked her in surprise. Mira nodded while smiling.

"Of course." She said.

'This day might not be as bad as I thought it would be.'