Chapter 19

Tori

I rushed into my room in a haste. The wall is coming down and I had to get my elite team ready. This is the only way to save our food source, and the world. Mostly the food source. I ran down into my weapons vault to grab the supplies we need for the war. I knew many will die, and I would be leading their deaths. I sighed and cleared my mind. The old Victoria was gone. Tori was back and here to stay. My mind was full of rage and blood. I have to succeed. I want to have children with Jay. That is if he wants too, but I know she is there. The fire. The burning. I know she will come one day and kill off everything I love or care about in her hellish flames. I kept fighting her. She always sneers at me. The girl tells me she will win even though I don't know who she is, but I know it is something I must keep fighting.   

I let my hair down. It flowed down my back. I slipped on my black assassin outfit. All black with a little red. The back was open on the shirt and the jacket I had on was a duster. My leather black pants fitted my legs. I put on knee high boots with a 3 inch heel on. My jacket had all my ammo and weapons stored in it. I felt my eyes go into slits. My necklace was tucked into my shirt. I closed my eyes. Concentrating on the little blue flame inside. Maybe I can control the flames that she holds.

I walked out of my room to see Jay standing there in his dark cape. His eyes seem to be holding death in them. I reached out my hands and intertwined them with his. Jay kissed my cheek and held me close. This is the last time that we will hold each other for awhile and I know it and he does too. I felt a prick of fear in my stomach. If he dies I will be forced to move on. My people need me and Jay of all people know that. He knows what will happen if I die. Jay will take over and protect my people or at least I hope he will. It'd be hard, but this world is cruel. Cruel and beautiful. "Ready?" Jay mummered into my ear. I nodded. I turned to face my lover. "Jay I can't show weakness now. Not now. I promise. I promise when this is all over... " I couldn't continue. I'll do what? I may not even survive, and I can't say I'll live. "You promise me what?" My heart was slowly breaking. "I promise that I will love you and will never forget you." I finished. He nodded and smiled. I fell into his arms. He pulled me up and leaned down where his cool mint breath mummered into my ear. I shivered just a little.

"Tori when we get through this, can... Can we have have a family?" My eyes went wide. I was shaking. I didn't know what to say or what to do. Could I carry a life inside me? I looked up at him. Jay's lips a few inches from mine. "Someday Jay. Someday." He had a grin that went ear to ear. I giggled because I really didn't know what to do or how to react. I just never thought I'd have a kid. I didn't ever think about it because of my curse. I thought I saw daddy in the hallway looking at me. He nods like he knew I'd have a child. Then it worried me that I was pregnant, but if that was the case I would kill it. I can't afford a kid at the moment. Not until the Nightmares are gone completely. Sophia was coming out of her room. I forgot she was here, but she was constantly helping me. She saw my concern and shook her head no. I sighed a laugh and hugged Jay. "My queen it is time for the meeting. I will escort you." I nodded and knew that a family life will wait. I pushed Victoria down and let Tori take over.

The knight walked silently at my side. The only sound were my heels echoing off the white walls. I had Seki at my side. Her weight was the one thing I missed more than ever. It was comforting knowing she was at my side to slash and kill. Taking out Historia was going to be difficult, but had to be done. There was no mercy in the game of war. Not this war at least.

I walked into the war room. My elite team looked at me and nodded in approval. I saw Miki-chan sharpen her knives and Liv-chan was stroking her giant scissors. Faith-chan was looking at the map and studying it. All their eyes looked a scary color. I knew mine matched them perfectly. Kyle's green eyes glittered like a dangerous green. He is still a coward in my eyes. It was his fault daddy is dead. I looked at my group. We have six, not counting my wimpy brother.  It looked around to see if everyone was ready. Then silver eyes had joined the party as Kal walked in. I couldn't trust him very much. A growl bubbled at the back of my throat and Jay's growl joined in. Kal smiled warmly. A little to warm for my taste. Miki-chan and the rest of the girls looked over at him. Even Faith-chan looked up from studying the map. "What are you doing here?" I growled. His voice was silky smooth as he tried to calm me me down."My queen..." He started, "Cut that formal bullshit and tell me why you're here Kal." I snapped. "I am here to help you win this battle. After all we don't want to lose another monarch." My eyes went into dangerous slits. Jay backed up on instinct. He could tell I was about to kill something or someone, and it wasn't going to be pretty. "Listen Kal." I spat at hi, "I am able to take of myself. Hell I can do things a lot better than you ever could. So back off." He nodded then I got a better idea. "No. You can stay, but you have to be with Kyle. Make sure that there are no more mistakes unlike last time. Oh Kyle don't be such a baby. If you die it was because you were meant too. Be a damn vampire that Father wanted. Here's the plan ladies. Liv take the front line on the west. Miki front line on the east. Faith center of the formation. We'll need something lightening. Kal and Kyle you take the back. Help wounded and everything. Shoot those who are bitten. And Jay." His eyes looked at me burning with emotions I can't describe, "you stay with me as we lead the troops. Questions?" The room stayed silent. "Good. Now sharpen your weapons and get blood bags. We are ready to kill." I smirked evilly with my fangs glittering with death.

I called General Crimson down to the meeting. It was my job after all since I was queen. He looked at me with his I-really-hate-you look. It was taking every fiber of what I was to not rip his throat off and make his body explode with blood from where his head could've been. I smiled at the thought, but didn't say anything about it. That would be completely rude.  Then again I wouldn't have cared. I had to explain that we had a few hundred soldiers that are vamps we can spare and he has to spare humans as well. He tried to fake that many of his men were sick the sad thing for him was I trained the humans and knew who was sick and who wasn't. He soon gave me permission after that when my knife was on his throat. I smiled a thank you. Before I walked out I turned around and looked at the paled face general. He wasn't so crimson anymore. "I'll see you on the battlefield General Crimson." He nodded slowly and I walked out with a perfect hair flip.

It was soon time to evacuate the population out. Then the wall was starting to crumble as the sheiks started to echo off the walls.  We were running out of time. The machine gun fire started as the gunmen on the wall desperately tried to kill the nightmares before the wall crumbled into dust. I ran to a room that was identical to mine and slammed the button hidden under the picture of the Scream. "WOMEN AND CHILDREN! WOMEN AND CHILDREN!" Claire called out. She was the head of this plan and it was up to her to save the people. I walked out into the weapon hanger to see my army. It wasn't big but it was doable. I assigned the squads with the elite team. I opened the door and we watched the wall crumble into dust. The Nightmares stopped and seemed like they were waiting for orders. They slowly backed off. I knew Historia was the cause for this and would soon pay for this. One Nightmare knocked a touch and flames started to grow. I close my eyes and reopened them. My eyes were blue against the flames. I threw off the jacket and I felt a burning sensation on my chest. My fingers traced the burning part and I felt the mark. A Phoenix. Jay watched as he saw the black tattoo form where a heart should be. I walked out to meet my mother's army. There was no turning back.
She is with me.