mine

8:00 p.m

It was nights like this where they both felt at home. Amidst the dimly lit room, they were snuggled on their plush couch, his arms encircled around her waist, her sitting on his lap with her arms looped around his neck. The faint sound of the TV echoed in the background, but they paid no mind for they were both entranced with each other. His eyes were locked on hers, orbs of brown with specs of black seemed to swirl in motion around her pupils, captivating him.

Across from them was a mini table, a variety of snacks littering the surface. A bowl of popcorn sat in the middle of the table, half full, some pieces scattered on the table. The presence of a wine bottle was also there, two wine glasses were next to each other, one almost empty, the other completely empty.

The buzz of the television was still ignored as the couple exchanged giggles and light touches of affection. He entwined his right hand with hers, feeling the softness and warmth of her smooth skin. His thumb caressed the top of her hand, rubbing soothing circles, as if telling her how much he treasured moments like this, their quiet--how much he appreciates her.

Her lips curls into a sweet smile, her eyes shining with adoration and if you look close enough, you can see how her brown eyes conveyed contentment and security. She felt secured wrapped around his strong arms, relishing how the planes of his broad chest sent tingles down her spine as if electricity was surging through her body.

He momentarily stops rubbing soothing circles on her hand as he lifts it up to his lips, showering it with feathery light kisses.

"This hand," James begins, "is mine."

He plants his lips longer on her hand as he gazes at her face, his eyes smoldering, waves of passion surrounding the couple. His hand then travels down to one of her legs, resting on top of her thigh. His fingers do the same thing, tracing imaginary circle on her thigh.

"These legs," he murmurs, a playful smirk playing on his lips, "are mine."

The overwhelming sensation of his kisses and touches encompass her body as heat spreads across her face. The tenderness of his actions tugged the strings of her heart. She mirrors his gaze, flashing him a toothy grin. She then flutters her eyes close, her long lashes fanning the expanse of her pink tinted cheeks.

He raised his hand to her face, tucking a stray of her hair behind her ears. His hand then cups her cheek, relishing the smoothness of it. She leans in to his touch, savoring the affection he was showering her. He brushes his thumb over her lips, igniting the fiery passion in the pits of her stomach.

He lessens the space between their faces, his lips hovering hers. His warm breath fanned over her lips, causing her to protrude her lips ever so slightly. She felt his lips tug upwards into a mischievous smirk.

He parts and licks his lips, teasing his girlfriend even more.

"James." She couldn't help but moan his name out, the suspense killing her, desperation for his lips bubbling over.

"And these lips," he whispers, "they're mine, Nadine."

Just as the longing became unbearable, James's lips met Nadine's, the warmth of his mouth sending a current running through her body as she threw her arms around his neck, losing herself in his peppermint breath and soft lips.

~•~

So this is just a really short one shot that was kind of inspired by real life. NOT MINE lmao. So I tweaked it a whole lot and made this short fic.

Shoutout to #TeamSlimShady for being the shadiest people I know! I legit love you guys.

And to Dirty Whale who excitedly told me the cheesy things her boyfriend tells her.