Chapter 1 New Beginnings(Eponine)

I looked at the fountain in front of me then at the steps. I took a deep breath and hugged my book closer to my chest before walking up the stairs. I entered the school and jumped at how loud it was. On the outside it seemed so peaceful. I looked around and was thankful the first person I could make out was Boq, my best friend. I rush over to him but he doesn't see me. I realize why. His eyes are glued to the sophomore Galinda. He's had a crush on her longer than I can remember. From the first day of kindergarten, where we met, he couldn't keep his eyes off of the first grader.

I guess I can't blame him, I've had a crush on Marius since sixth grade. He's part of one of the popular groups called the Les Amis. He never notices me because he's too busy with his girlfriend Cosette.

I clear my throat. Boq jumps and turns to me. His face immediately lights up and he throws his arms around me.

"Hey Ep!" He grins.

"Hey! Let me see your schedule," I say once he lets go. We compare schedules and I realize we have all different classes. He's in all pre-ap classes and I'm in none.

"At least we have lunch together?" He says trying to lighten the mood. I smile slightly and nod. I looked at the clock on the wall.

"I have to go, my first class starts soon." I say then walk to my locker. I feel a nervousness in the out of my stomach. What if I don't have classes with Quasimodo or phantom? And no, that's not his actual name, just a nickname from when we were younger that just ended up sticking. But anyways, how will I survive?

"Ep!" I heard someone yell. I whipped my head around to see Quasimodo.

"Hey, Quasi," I replied sadly.

"What's wrong?" He asked putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I don't have any classes with Boq," I said sadly. Every year since 6th grade, we've all had the same schedule. Now we're being split up. I looked over and they were looking at each other with wide eyes.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked urgently.

"Umm, w-we have the same schedule as Boq," Phantom told me slowly. I looked to the ceiling and let out a huge groan.

The bell rang, signaling we had to head to our first class. I gave them each a huge hug then ran off to my first class, Biology. Because the class was far away, I was the last to class. Thankfully, I wasn't late. I looked around and saw the only seat open was next to Marius. I tried to hide the smile on my face as I sat down next to him.

"Hey," he says. This is the first time he's spoken to me. Ever.

"Uh-h-hi? hi me?" I say as my cheeks turn dark red. He chuckled and nodded.

"Oh um hi," I said. Great. I blew it.

"So I guess we'll be partners for the semester?" he said with an adorable smile. I just starred at him. After a minute he awkwardly cleared his throat.

"Oh um, ya I-I guess," I awkwardly laughed. If I had any chance with him, I just threw that away. Thankfully, the teacher started talking.

"Welcome to Biology, I'm Mr. Tuck and I'll be your teacher for the year!" he introduced. Well, he seems very excited for this class.

I didn't really pay attention to the rest. It was just a whole class full of what we'll do through out the year, expectations of high school, stuff like that. Soon the class was over and I darted to my locker so I could tell my friends about my seat. Luckily, all of our lockers are together.

"Guys, you will not believe what just happened," I yelled as I saw them talking at their lockers.

"What?" Phantom chuckles.

"My seat for the semester is next to Marius!" I squealed. They all laughed at me. I rolled my eyes. Boys, they'll never understand.

"That's great I guess," Quasi laughes.

"Oh whatever, imagine if you got to sit by Esmerelda," I laughed. He just rolled his eyes.

"But, I mean it's gonna be a-"I started but I was cut off by the bell. I let out a loud groan before sprinting to my next class. How am I supposed to spend time with my friends this year?

Hey guys, I've been working on this story for a while, but I figured now would be a good time to upload because I have my first day of high school in an hour. 😳 Please pray for me😂

Another note: I will not upload a lot, I want to but I'm super busy with theatre and AP classes so just a warning, I will be inactive for a bit. Thanks guys!💗