The Break Up

Edited

Harry's POV-

Why. Why does this always have to happen to me. I lose someone at least once a year and it always is someone that means a lot to me. First my parents, then Sirius and now Dumbledore! I can't take it anymore. It's all Moldywarts fault and now Snape has to add to the bunch. Ugh!

He's out there. He is out there right now planning ways to kill me while I sit here in my dorm. I have to kill him. I have to destroy the horcruxes and kill him. I'm just saddened it will be a death mission that could kill me and my two best friends.

I tried to get them to not come. I tried and tried but they wouldn't budge.

Damn them sometimes.

I just can't believe it. This is the real start of the war. Our most important person right know is dead. Dead! It can't be happening, but something else is happening. I'm putting Ginny in danger. I can't do that. I need to figure out a way to keep her safe.

-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"-"

I walked around the castle trying to find her. My one and only love. I was about to do something stupid that was about to cost me my happiness, but it would keep her safe, and that's all I could ask for.

As I walked to library I saw her. My favorite red head. Ginny Weasley. She was at a table in the corner of the library reading a book and writing on some parchment ever once in a while.

As I walked over to her she looked up at me and smiled.

Great. This just made it 10 times easier.

"Hey Harry" Ginny said happily.

"Hey Gin" I saw nervously.

"What's wrong?" She asked with a concerned look on her face.

"Umm.... I need to tell you something"

"Okay what is it?"

"Uhhhh.... Can we do this somewhere else? Just follow me."

She started to pack up her things and stood up and grabbed my hand. I knew I shouldn't, but I was determined to make our last moments as a couple with us being together. (That doesn't make sense)

I brought her to the room of requirement. It was a quiet trip filled with a comfortable silence.

As we walked into the room it looked more like the Gryffindor common room more than anything.

We sat down on the couch in the middle of the room and just stared into each other's eyes.

I leaned in and kissed her softly. Fully knowing it would be the last. I put as much emotion as I could into the kiss. All the love and happiness that she gave me.

As we broke apart we stared into each other's eyes. Those chocolate brown eyes. Those beautiful eyes I loved on the girl I loved even more.

I put my forehead against hers. We were together. Glued forever. Never to be broken apart.

Well here comes the glue remover.

"Ginny" I breathed out.

"Yeah" she said in the same tone.

"Gin.... I-I... I can't do this." I said as I stood up.

"Harry, what are you doing?"

"I'mgoingtopacesinceIhavetodosomethingthatIdon'twanttodoinamillionyearsbutIhavetoandIjustwanttonothaveanythinghappenandstayinthemomentwehadforeverandeverandIjustdon'twanttosaywhatIhavetoandandandand-"

"Harry just shut up. You're rambling"

"Sorry- it's just that- I have to- I. I just can't anymore."

"Harry what's wrong?"

She had stood up at that point and came over and wrapped her arms around me.

I wanted to stay like this forever. Us. Together forever. Happy and loved. Safe more than anything. I always felt like I was safe as long as I was with her. Well, like I could do anything when I was with her. Yeah.

I pulled away slightly and just took in everything about her. Every single freckle on her face. All her features that made her more and more beautiful to me.

I pulled away completely and sat down again.

I looked up at her. Looked straight into her eyes and said,

"I love you. I love you so much and because of how much I love you I have to do this."

"Harry..."

"Ginny I have to break up with you. I don't want to. Never. But I have to. It'll keep you safe and that's what matters."

"Harry, I love you too. I love you so much, but seriously? I'm always going to be in danger. Nothing you ever do will stop that. Even if we did break up I'd still be apart of the biggest blood traitor family there is."

"Maybe, but this will keep you safer than before"

"Harry don't be stupid. You can't keep me away from the danger. Nothing can. You don't have to do this. You need me. Just like I need you"

"Ginny. I have to do this. I have to stop this- this amazing thing in my life. I love you to much to put you in kind of danger."

"Harry..."

"No I have to. I'm sorry Ginny."

I proceeded to walk out of the room.

I didn't look back. I never did. I just kept walking.

Walking.

Walking.

Walking.

I walked to the lake, sat against a tree and just cried.

Cried because of Dumbledore.

Cried because of Ginny.

Cried because I have the shittest life there is.

I just couldn't take it.

I guess I eventually cried myself to sleep because when I woke up I was still by the lake with the moon high in the sky.

I went back to the common room so I could go to sleep in the dormitory.

As I walked in I passed a sleeping figure on one of the couches.

It was a small red headed figure curled up in a ball with tear tracks down their face. It looked as if they cried themselves to sleep.

Oh.

It was Ginny.

I remembered I had this bracelet that allowed me access to the girls dormitories so I ran up quietly to my dorm, grabbed the bracelet and came back down.

I lifted the sleeping figure of Ginny off the couch and proceeded to bring her to her room.

She cuddled closer to my chest as we went up the stairs.

As I brought her in her room and set her on her bed I looked at her sleeping face.

She looked so peaceful. Even with the tear tracks on her face. That I caused.

I pushed a piece of hair back behind her ear and tucked her into bed.

As I was about to walk away I bent down and kissed her forehead.

"I love you. Sweet dreams Gin" I whispered in her ear.

I left her dorm and went to mine.

As I laid in my bed looking at the ceiling I just though of everything that happened today.

It was a shitty day, but at least Ginny knew my true feelings. And hey, at least she loves me. Well hopefully she still does.